1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changing server settings from in-game

Discussion in 'General Help' started by FliesLikeABrick, Feb 15, 2012.

1. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is a question for those of you who admin servers --

If I want to change the maxplayers or run any of the other settings-related commands listed in the wiki, how do I run them? Do I auth with /rcon and then just do /sv_maxplayers 48? Is there some other syntax or keyword I need?

I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure it out - an example would be good to have on that page (I'll put it there if someone else doesn't first)

Thanks

2. Delta

Delta Shopkeep Stealer

I would like to know how to remove a server password using rcon.

3. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

You cannot change [edit - see below] most of the server settings via rcon afaik. You have to edit your configuration files and restart the server.

4. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

SOME settings can be changed but a lot (most in my experience) require you to restart the server. Even then they sometimes dont take so its better to take the server offline, change, then bring it back up.

Example: You can change sv_maxping in game but you cant change the number of slots.