1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wrapping up zombies

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I actually encountered a few noobs today who were very eager to learn and followed me around for a game or two. Taught them proper spike pit techniques, gave them some ideas for tower designs, what to do and not to do as archer/knight, etc. It's always good when you get kids who are like, "Cool! How'd you do that? Would you mind teaching me?" as opposed to, "STFU AN MOEV U NUB."

Back on topic, I've sat here twiddling my thumbs for the last week or so in anticipation over the update, but frankly I'll wait as long as I need to. It looks bad ass and I can't wait for everything that comes with it.

JacKD and FlameHaze3 like this.
  2. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

Wow, amazing!
    Can you imagine, guys? Instead of the same old Team vs Team, this time there are no teams and we must build a Fortress to survive waves of zombies! Awesome!

(Atleast i think it works like that, either way, can't wait!)

3. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Take note that most of gold players are freindly and advanced in game.

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I'm only friendly to people who aren't idiots. If I see someone doing something dumb, I first say "STOP" to tell them to stop, then explain what they are doing wrong.

However, I'm yet to meet one who has any real sense. They all either keep doing what they're doing (which is ultimately bad for our team) or insult me for pointing out their bad design.

I've also noticed that there are tons of griefers online now. It's insane that people will create an account for a game just to ruin it.

I'm gonna be REAL happy when Zombies are released and I can play with other Premiums. Because, from what I've seen, people with Gold accounts are ten times nicer, smarter, and in general more fun to play alongside than regular players.

Not saying there aren't good people out there who aren't Premium users, but it just seems to be that way.

Catguy19, Frogdo and FlameHaze3 like this.
  5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Either that or premiums are really hardcore grievers, there are plenty of premium idiots too but the ratio is much smaller, still think at least 1 in 10 people that don't know what they're doing will listen though so I always try make an effort. Anyway there is a thread on this already for discussing potential floods of new players, personally I think there's gonna be enough of a trickle of decent players that are willing to learn that some decent servers will get setup that are pretty much constantly admined and will be happy to kick people for sheer stupidity/ignorance as well as grieving, glitching and hacking.

Anyway, maybe another screenshot might bring this thread back on topic :B):

UnnamedPlayer and FlameHaze3 like this.
  6. Frogdo

Frogdo Shopkeep Stealer

I agree with your point, being premium generally indicates that you are more dedicated to the game than others and thus more well versed in the game play and probably somewhat active in the KAG community. That's not to say that F2P players don't share this dedication, I for example spend FAR too much time playing KAG and I've yet to buy premium. Although having said that, I will as soon as possible.

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Keeps getting off-topic, but there don't seem to be too few premium idiots.

This line will haunt me forever: ''How do u shield??''. In a premium server :(

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  8. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

You can use a shield?

Rayne and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  9. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Thats news to me... I thought they were made of paper.

10. Nighthawk

Actually, they're made of pixels.

... slightly more durable.

11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Just encountered a kid named FINAL DAKKUDA who claims he works on the game and that it's coming out tonight.

Poor, gullible kids... :D

12. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

At least it wasn't someone called naruto45454545454545.
    And dont say hes a kid,it might be a ninja grandpa.
    Id make one of those 'Op wil surely deliver lets just wait' jokes if i didn't want a bug like flying zombies or not-exploding kegs.
    Lettuce allow them to do their jobs in peace.
    And a question to testers(probably allowed to tell at least THIS much).
    What is the biggest size an Zombie Mode team can get?
    And will zombies come on a random basis or wave by wave?

Kagesha and Rayne like this.
  13. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

^ I was wondering that too. I guess they will come at night so you can repair your defenses during day (day light zombies aren't scary at all.

14. Thordin

Thordin Catapult Fodder

Maybe they will burn during the day or stay hidden.

15. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

From what they showed earlier,i think we have to go to their ruins in daytime to find them.
    Best thing i can guess that would be in ruins (for now) would be either coin,gold,or a well defended base.

16. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

Maybe they are copying again inspiring themselves in minecraft, in this case zombies spawn in dark and are damaged by daylight (so they can spawn in dark caves if you don't put some lanterns there).

17. Nighthawk

I would point out that Minecraft is not the first game or place in general that used the idea of zombies burning in daylight. I'm sure there are countless movies and books and other games that use the same idea.

18. I want to know if editor will be allowed in single player/ admin. I want to do lots of testing on building design for zeds :P

19. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

You can already do that in sandbox.

I hope it won't be available in zombie mode though, hate being the option to cheat.

20. It will most likely be available to admins. It's just switching a game-mode like from ctf to team deathmatch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.