1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Quotes from Testing Day 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

• Double Post: Remember, Edit button before post button! ^__^ -Wonkyth
    Yes I know that silly I mean be able to play zombies offline because won't free players be able to play it ( without signing in ) to so how will a premium player be able to play zombies without signing into their account if not...
    So in short if you know or anybody does
    Will a premium player be able to access zombies without signing into their account and just going offline.
    And if so won't free players get it to?
    Sorry if I am confusing -_-

Exactly what ruleral said , my iPod dint update what he said and I didn't see what he wrote as I was writing.

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Just spoke to Geti about this:

They are looking to use a system which requires you to login to your premium at least once a week.
    If you log in you will get a premium token, which allows you to play premium stuff offline. Once your token runs out you'll have to log in again to get another one.

Means you can play premium single player stuff offline for a week. It doesn't work yet though but thats their plan.

3. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh yes, sorry. I see what you mean now :)
    The version we're testing doesn't force you to authenticate as premium to play so I forgot about that. Hopefully they'll have a system like what Neat just said by the time its released proper.

4. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Thanks for clarifying that. I was trying to think of a way that you could possibly do this, but when you get that token the game should remember your password and username and when you go offline you have to write it again and it checks with the files if you get what I'm saying.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@GHOZT: long time no see. You'll have to be on the same computer to keep using your token, so that they can't be shared between machines. You could still technically share logins, then play lan all using the same token. I'm not against that anyway.

Noburu likes this.
  6. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

This token thing seems like a highly hackable thing. But I guess since the most fun part of playing with zombies is playing online this won't be a problem.

Worm likes this.
  7. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Would that let someone give 'free' account to everyone and thus create 'pirate' version of Premium Game?

8. UnnamedPlayer

Well it's already possible if you know some reverse engineering and have the resources to host an alternative master server. But that's a lot of work and no one would be insane enought to do that with an indie game.

With new version I belive some people will hack this token thing but they will only be able to play offline.

9. Worm

Perhaps instead of using LAN tokens maybe screensplit?

10. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

You can already "get free premium" nif your on a premium guys network. for example, my brother stickperson24, does not have the game, but he can still change his head/ go on premium servers whenever i am logged on. ;O

11. Agent_008

Agent_008 Bison Rider

I've been breaking my F5 key over at your blog MM and geti, and I need to replace it now.

I think I'll use firefox's refresh button now.

12. UnnamedPlayer

Interesting, so it's possible to use hamachi to make everyone in kag premium.
    Here is a good issue for a next fix xD.

Chrispin likes this.
  13. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

My girlfriend is making me wait to play zombies if it releases while she is not available because she wants "[my] first time playing it to be with [her]." She is the definition of cruelty amazingly perfect in every way :(

If I can manage to pull this off, it'll be the ultimate display of love.

14. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

The whole point is to give people freedom, not to restrict people. Sure you could maybe hack it so you can get free premium but when companies try and stop things like that they utilise horrendous limiting DRM. It's better this way. The more people who respect the devs the more people who will buy it, no matter how many people who pirate it instead.

Noburu, UnnamedPlayer and Rayne like this.
  15. Worm

What are you waiting? BUY FOR HER PREMIUM :D
    Edit1: If you need, i can send you some money on PayPal.

16. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Already bought her it a while back when I went premium. I decided KAG was going to destroy my social life, so why not bring her down with me?

Also, I agree with you, Neat. It's just upsetting that the developers are being cheated out of a well deserved living when they do everything possible not to cheat their fans. Your logic makes sense though, and as long as they respect the players' freedom, they will see less pirating. This is the mistake money grubbing companies like EA make. Of course, piracy is inevitable, but so far Geti and MM have captivated me enough to buy premium for myself and two other people so they are doing everything right.

17. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Will it require a urine sample so I can upgrade to the full neural interface?

18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

This is one of the few indie gaming instances where I actually feel comfortable enough to pay for it. Having played a few free games for a few hours, I was dazzled and wanted to support the developers, ESPECIALLY since Soldat was an obsession of mine for years. I still boot it up and play with bots every once in a while.

I can only wish that all gamers would be so generous and honest...

Blueboy23 likes this.
  19. Alkaine

Alkaine Horde Gibber

A friend of mine used to play pirated minecraft. In a few weeks he bought the full game because he was amazed at the game and because he wanted to play online. So "piracy" in that sense led to a few sales (he convinced some of his friends to buy it too) that wouldn't otherwise have happened. Surely there are a million examples of that. With a game as amazing as KAG I'm sure things will work this way.

20. Worm

Few. I see many, MANY players keep playing pirated version. Asked why they do not have buyed games they did say: nah, im not buying that. I got pirated, its same as premium.
    Still preffer to make it locked & private KAG account rather sharing it thru lan.
    Why not!