1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Quotes from Testing Day 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 11, 2012.

1. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

The only thing that sucks is that people are already taking advantage of exploits IN GAME, surely they'll take advantage of this.

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

To do what? Play offline premium? So what?

3. thebonesauce

Or to exploit premium in some sense. I dunno. Maybe I'm just missing the point that it IS only for offline usage. :D

Also, to Alkaine, not everyone is that honest. In fact, people that have pirated versions and end up BUYING the full version are pretty much the 1%. It's not something that happens often. It's just like saying that everyone who illegally downloads music will eventually buy the album. It just doesn't happen.

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

It pretty much is. You can't do anything premium online unless you log in. Having an offline premium token would presumably just if you want to play modes like zombie mode or overworld mode while offline.

5. Agent_008

Agent_008 Bison Rider

I have broken my F5 key on the blog, slowed down firefox hitting its refresh button enough so that it crashed,
    and have bended the limits of my remaining patience so far that you can not see the end of it.

I cannot wait any longer, hence my rage to everyone around me.

6. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

You are waiting now,so you did already wait longer.
    Now hold your horses unless you want bugged zombies that like pixel candles more then pixel knights.

7. thebonesauce

Or a game that doesn't work at all. Sheesh. RELAX KIDS.

AnRK and Rayne like this.
  8. Agent_008

Agent_008 Bison Rider

Yay, zombies that eat pixel candles!

I want it more than an unbugged release.

9. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Worm likes this.
  10. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Regardless of our impatience, its not ready to be released yet, we could bark all we want, they gonna release it when its time.

11. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

@Geti so how will you play LAN because that would be great (being able to play LAN) there being alot of computers in my house hold and even if you can. Or would I need to run a server.
    Also you, you... you remember me, I feel so special XD

12. thebonesauce

I imagine you could just run a private server from one of the computers (probably the one you're playing on) and let everyone on your LAN connect to that.

13. Agent_008

Agent_008 Bison Rider

It is almost 9:00 here and I have not seen any more word of zombies at all.
    Not really surprised.

14. thebonesauce

Dude, when did MM, Geti, or anyone else ever say that the update would be released on February 17th, 2012? If you sit there constantly refreshing the blog, of COURSE you're gonna be disappointed. Just WAIT. Be patient!

Noburu and Rayne like this.
  15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We've been hoping to get it out for a while now. Yelling at us to release it doesn't help.

Re: tokens = hackable
    To generate a token to play for a week you'll need to log into a full version account -> someone will need to buy it anyway. In order to play online full version stuff you'll need to be actively logged into an account, not just have a token. As people can't (or shouldn't be able to) be logged into the same account at the same time you'd only be able to play full version multiplayer through direct connect on a non-auth server. As non-auth servers will only be able to be full version when offline, this means LAN-only play with tokens (or hamachi i guess). In other words, more hassle to "pirate" the game, while still requiring that someone buys a premium account to get working tokens in the mean-time.

Regardless of all that, we're more concerned with just letting people play full version stuff offline without much hassle. If we do much more than that it harms legit users while not getting in the way of those that will actively hack the game anyway.

JacKD, Neat, Kouji and 2 others like this.
  16. thebonesauce

More often than not, I'll still be actively logged in even when playing single player Zombies anyway. But it's a great idea!

And see guys? Stop bitching! Be happy you have such dedicated developers that aren't just like, "Oh, what's that? I'm not working fast enough for you? Okay, let me see if I can't work slower. Better yet, not at all." Instead, you have two guys (amongst others) who are working as HARD AS THEY CAN to bring you quality entertainment for a reasonable price. I hate MMO games, with a burning, seething passion. I hate WoW, I hate MapleStory, I hate Ragnarok Online, etc. But King Arthur's Gold is something special... They have blended a few different types of gameplay styles into something that is magical.

tl;dr = QUIT BITCHING. BE GRATEFUL.

Noburu and Rayne like this.
  17. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I make myself forget zombies exist so i dont die from anticipation.

18. Agent_008

Agent_008 Bison Rider

Taken straight from their blog.

19. thebonesauce

I don't see a specific date mentioned anywhere in there.

Seriously, it's probably annoying enough to have to deal with bugs and glitches and exploits and everything else, having some kid who constantly bitches that it isn't out when HE expects it to isn't going to help. Period.

20. Agent_008

Agent_008 Bison Rider

It was from two days ago.

Also, your comments are very rude.