1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Quotes from Testing Day 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Honestly I'm just struggling to fight back my excitement to play current build KAG after my Godforsaken calc2 homework gets done.

Redigit likes this.
  2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Okay? A few days doesn't mean two.

And if anyone's comments are rude, it's yours. I'm gonna count the number of times you complained that it wasn't out in the last two days. EIGHT POSTS. Eight posts, the first of which said, "I THINK it might be released in two days." Rude isn't pointing out that you need to relax and stop pestering the devs, rude is pestering the devs, to the point that Geti actually had to reply himself.

I'm honestly not trying to start an argument, I just fail to see the purpose in posting several times a day that you want a buggy release and that the developers need to work on your terms.

Mugumaster, Kouji, Contrary and 2 others like this.
  3. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

With the tokens you could make it that you still have to log in but it just doesn't go through the Internet so. Like a file which remembers your username and password and if you get it write you get zombies so you have to put your username and pw Ti play zombies if tha cold be done.

4. Hippo

Hippo Shark Slayer

I personally find it a little silly that when the devs set an estimate release for 'the week after next', It didn't even get to Saturday the 11th when people started asking why it wasn't released yet XD

FlameHaze3 and thebonesauce like this.
  5. thebonesauce

The thing people fail to realize is that it's just as you said; it's an ESTIMATE. The guys are trying to get it done as soon as they can, but often times things happen and it ends up taking longer than expected. I'm sorry, but I hate getting shot through the walls by an archer. I'm sick of people squeezing and breaking games. I'm fed up with every other glitch that people have been exploiting for the last month or two. I wanna see Zombies happen with a (relatively) bug-free patch. Not get the patch because people won't shut up about it and it be riddled with game-breaking bugs, or even bugs that people will exploit the hell out of and ruin the game. I want to have FUN with this game, not ragequit over glitches and bugs.

Finally, just like MOST of us, I'm sure Geti, MM and co. have lives ASIDE from coding/testing/etc. KAG. Why people think that independent developers have nothing to do ASIDE from the games they work on is beyond me.

Mugumaster, Neat, Hippo and 1 other person like this.
  6. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Also they are working on MORE than just Zombie mode, or it would be done by now. They have made other changes in mind, not just rush it to the premium, but also make the game evenr MORE enjoyable to the new players, so they may get more sales seeing as it is so good. Premium members may have paid, but the future pay-ers need to be kept in mind as well.

7. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I dont think you know how hard coding a game is and to find what line of code is actually causes the bug(s).
    Also they are doing this in a new engine.

8. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

I've studied C+ C++ and such allready (or in the middle of) i know how hard it is with so many lines of data lol, im just saying, they DO have more than just premium members to worry about.

9. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Exactly, go find another 5,000 odd people that wanna buy premium within the next couple (couple means two by the way, not a few bone, hence him mentioning two days no matter how out of order it might be ;)) of months and that'll probably fund them to develop full time. Till them let them polish this release as much as possible if they want this one to be really expansive and bug free, because the better the release the more of a big deal we can go and make of it and the more people will buy it.

10. MooCowMan

MooCowMan Shopkeep Stealer

I opened KAG yesterday, saw the patch screen come up and was like "HOLY S***!!! ZOMBIEZ!"
    Words cannot describe my feelings of sadness and despair when I saw the word 'hotfix' in the news feed.

11. thebonesauce

My exact reaction! Hahaha. But I'm willing to wait as long as needed. I'd rather this release be near perfect.

12. rileysvil

rileysvil Shopkeep Stealer

I had the same experience. I thought the zombies were out when the 'patch' came out. :(