1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Four years from now - what do you think KAG will be like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vanguarde, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

Hi all!

Let's have some fun..

We are the early adopters! We are playing the game in alpha form, and some of us have even paid for the right to play KAG in alpha form because it is so much fun already! :yes:

Imagine 4 years from now, imagine in the future when KAG is out of alpha, hell, even out of Beta! Imagine KAG 1.0! Do you plan to be around in the game, in the community on an ongoing basis like I am? Are you so in love with KAG that you check the forums several times a day, and play the game for hours at a time? Are you like me who has stayed up all night reading the forums, and playing the game even though you need to be at work at 7AM? ( Like I am, I am going to have a very very tough day at work lol ) :heart:

Then this thread is for you, but the thread is for everyone who loves KAG. :B):

What do you think KAG will be like in exactly 4 years from now, on 22 Feb 2016?

Let's have fun!

2. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Ha I fully expect to be playing KAG four years from now.
    I think it will be all the same die-hards we have now and a fantastic forum and game community.

I have high hopes for the final version of the game, proposed features sound awesome.

I reckon it will be a game I will play forever, like crash bandicoot (my childhood hero)

And hey, if it weren't for me the forum guards would lose there reason to be a forum guard.

Zeigy likes this.
  3. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

I expect Kag to have been overun by n00bs because of the awesome praise this game is gonna get.

And I also expect that all the alpha core will have gone into reclusion in the overworld at like lvl 2000 or something.
    also I expect hackers and griefers will be running rampant while the guards are to over-encumbered by forum spam to stop them.

4. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

An optimist I see...

Zeigy likes this.
  5. I hope that the developers are millionaires by then!

But really if they keep updating KAG, hopefully the Overworld would be included and the fully finished version of zombies.

evol_nomad and Inexorable like this.
  6. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

In-game moderation will always have a higher priority than forum moderating. :)

4 years from now I expect KAG to have zombies! :D

It's hard to realise what KAG will be like in 4 years. It's very possible that KAG will no longer be in development after that many years, it's an awful lot of time for a indie game AFAIK.

But if it will, the floor will tremble, the time will freeze and the minds will scream upon hearing about how awesome KAG is. (in 4 years)

EDIT: a optimistic realistic assumption would be that the overworld be completely finished, tweaked and perfectionized for mass online playing.

Xorlathor and potatomcwhiskey like this.
  7. knightl

knightl Base Burner

8. Vanguarde

• Please Stay on Topic
    Wow! You probably don't know this, but that sign is from Epic Systems, a very well known company where I live close to in Verona, Wisconsin. They are MASSIVE and their campus is like Google. They develop computer medical records systems. I almost took a job from them once that paid very very well, but like Google they sort of never expect you to go home and give you free food, free childcare, free massages, free well, everything! lol

There is your nerdy fact for the day.. lol

9. Emurus

Emurus Catapult Fodder

• Please Stay on Topic
    In four years from now I will have paid a lower price than the people who are buying the game at that time.
    And it will be amazing!
    And perhaps more modes from different ages, that would be cool. I would still play the age it currently is though.

EDIT: How am I off topic!?

Halosnake likes this.
  10. knightl

knightl Base Burner

• Please Stay on Topic
    wow whats the chances i told my teacher i learn more useful things on the internet than her garbage

Leperr likes this.
  11. Vanguarde

• Please Stay on Topic
    If you want to truly do very well in school, I strongly suggest you use this website:
    http://www.khanacademy.org/

It is simply the best website on the net in my opinion. This site will one day be looked back by historians as the beginning of when knowledge became free for all, instead of privileged for the wealthy few.

As for me, I am one of those guys who soaks up info and has lots of seemingly 'useless' tidbits like the Epic stuff.

Zeigy likes this.
  12. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Yea I think so too, the diehard players will play forever haha. The community might be the most awesome in Alpha and in the latest stages of the game :p

13. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Completed.... and MM will most likley have made another game by then....

So what if I am optimistic?! :D

14. Vanguarde

MM loves it when a plan comes together!
    :B):

15. zninja

zninja Shopkeep Stealer

King Arthur's Lag will be abandoned sooner or (more likely: ) later. I hope the lag gets fixed way before that though. There will still be a few fanatic hardcore fans playing who will instantly pwn any noobs who dare to join their clan server. The noobs will then cry and ragequit and go play Modern Warfare 50. :D And MM will hopefully be working on Soldat 2.
    (Edit: Don't get me wrong. I enjoy KAG very much)

16. Vanguarde

Ouch. "King Arthur's Lag". While amusing, it is kinda harsh as the game is in alpha.
    I do agree with you that in the end a few fanatic players will remain - I plan to be one of them. :B):
    KAG has fascinated me like no other game this past 2 years. I still have not put a finger on it, but the game has that magical 'hook'.
    And I know MM 'gets it' since on his blog the 'Modern Day Quake' video was spot on.
    Hollywood invading gaming is destroying part of gaming.
    See: Every Final Fantasy after FF6 ( japan numbering system )

And also 'achievements' !

- Mike

Good Job! You read this post! You have unlocked the achievement " I read another post! " :p

Inexorable likes this.
  17. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

I for one hope this game never stops expanding, as long as it doesn't go down the road terraria went.

UnnamedPlayer and Inexorable like this.
  18. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Hmmm... in four years.... the zombies update will have been released.

HAH. Just kidding. Zombies will never be out. :p

I think, in four years, there will be a ton of massive CTF servers, a bunch of overworld servers with everyone just screwing around and beating each other to death with low level hammers, and a few password protected, roleplay-ish, serious overworld servers where all the early adopters hang out and reminisce about the good old days when everyone wasn't an idiot.

19. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

My expectations in 4 years.
    -Mod support.
    -New engine(not hardcoded classes).
    -Updates.

20. Zeigy

Zeigy Shopkeep Stealer

KAG FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

I am just like you Vanguarde and I need to stop it soon before I ruin my health, I've already suffered one sleep deprived headache and I was heading for another one last night when I played until 3AM and had to wrench myself away from the computer screen.

Honestly, if it wasn't for random server bans and crashes I would not be able to take a break from this game.

Inexorable likes this.