1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombies soon!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purplesun

Purplesun Builder Stabber

Can't wait. I am looking forward to the new update!

2. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Just a quick question, do you know whether zombie mode has a fixed spawn since zombies are scripted? For example, humans will always be team blue/red, and zombies vice versa. Reason why I ask this is that, some of us would like to make maps suitable for a zombie invasion and do not wish to create "mirrored" bases.

3. Khombhat

Khombhat Shopkeep Stealer

Note to non-premium members: You have to actually purchase the game in order to utilize the zombie content. Aside from the new day night cycle, lighting, and some other optimization that you might expect with any update in any game, you won't be receiving any zombie content unless you either spend $10 now or $13 after the release. Just saying because it seems apparent that you haven't managed to understand that point yet. Spend the $10, kids. It's well worth it.

Can't wait! Please code like frenzied beasts on cocaine.

4. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Dang, now we can't find it amusing when they realize they can't play Zombies, i give your post +1 dislike :QQ:

Khombhat likes this.
  5. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Khombhat makes an excellent point. I've noticed a ton of "blue" non-premium non-paid members saying how excited they are for zombies, and I'm unsure if they know they won't be able to play it...

6. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Undecided investors perhaps?

7. Khombhat

I want to discuss this, but I'm afraid of staying off topic for too long as I have already received more warnings than I am comfortable with from guards.
    Maybe if I end each comment with a statement about zombies...

Yay zombies! Gotta love them zombies! Yep. This post was all about zombies. o_o

8. thebonesauce

Not that the guards don't do a bang-up job around here, and I'm very thankful they're always all over any problems, but I don't understand why a slight diversion regarding zombies (as in talking about how non-premiums are excited for something they can't play) is warning worthy. But meh, I guess if it keeps the forums as nice and smooth as they are, carry on boys.

Khombhat likes this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Spoolooni: You can set where they spawn. We're using non mirrored mapgen as it is.

Khombhat: We've been doing the crazy cocaine beasts thing for quite a while now, rest assured.

Agent_008, Worm, MooCowMan and 3 others like this.
  10. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

So have the testers begun testing on the multiplayer zombie mode?

11. Khombhat

12. thebonesauce

13. Burgerlolz

Burgerlolz Builder Stabber

I read somewhere that KAG may be in the next Indie Royale Alpha Fund bundle, and that the update would be release when it launch. I really doubt that is true though.

EDIT: Confirmed false, KAG isn't in the alpha fund indie royale.

14. Khombhat

Oh, I hadn't heard that. Some of the screen shots I saw make me think otherwise, however. There was one, in particular, that showed two players talking about reinforcements. Maybe it was a shot out of context and only made to seem as though it were from testing, but I believed it. :p
    From everything I've read on this forum, I believe they are simply squashing bugs and cleaning up code, at this point. That's what the "Wrapping Up Zombies" post suggested, anyway.

15. thebonesauce

Yeah. They're not addding anything more and they're just polishing at this point.

16. COLONELQadhafi

COLONELQadhafi Shipwright

I wished for a vacation KAG release now, but i have to wait till April.

17. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

zombies soon?
    so if they where soon 20 days ago... now they are very close(10 days O.o)
    im sorry for dick comment. i just cant wait.
    off-topic i made my friend play kag!(my second refferal :D)

Wonkyth likes this.
  18. SirEndgame

SirEndgame Shopkeep Stealer

Pretty soon, we'll all be like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N1_0SUGlDQ

More serious things aside, give them some time to polish. Are they 2 months past their anticipated release date? yes. But this also means they are going to have 2 months worth of quality entertainment when it comes out.

it's going to be interesting when we see all the different zombies. My tactician skills will be put to the test!

19. Khombhat

I don't think most of us are truly trying to push them to release it sooner, though I can see how some of what is being said could easily be construed that way. The way I see it, most of us are really just expressing our excitement and anticipation over the pending release in the most believable fashion possible: Bitching about how long it's taking. :D
    I think "flattering" is the word you're looking for. Yeah?

20. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

I've said this on russian-speaking part of the forum and I'll say it here:
    Announcing that update is soon and that it is "probably your last week to grab a copy" and then polish update for 2 and a half weeks was a mistake.

Im a pretty common and somewhat patient person,but this announcement excited me...And did nothing afterwards.
    Especially quotes.When I've seen quotes my envy got it's steroid pack.
    I was 100% sure that it is 3-4 days untill release,5 at max.

And still nothing?Well,there goes the patience.
    It is too late now,but it would be x2 times better if they waited it out and announced with quotes release it right before the actual release.

Arlus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.