1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Problem

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Contrary, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Imo bridge ladders aren't a big problem (they're easy to destroy after all) but door ladders... I agree with Chinizz, they should be nerfed or just removed. Maybe making doors not working if they're 1x1 vertically?

2. Verdant

Verdant Shopkeep Stealer

Honestly, door ladders are due to an engine bug in my opinion. It also causes the tunnel bug where the player warps into dirt.

If the game had better collision detection, door ladders wouldn't work, even if the door was an empty space.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Door ladders are fine imo, as knights can get up by them by breaking them, which leaves notches into the walls.

4. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

I'm not for nerfing team-only laddering, it's just that if you want to nerf drawbrige, you should nerf vaulting too.

I think that if you suppress team-only laddering, the battlefield will be invaded by mad knight and will lose all interest. Drawbridge, vaulting, trap pit are all part of what make sieging hard (if it is well done) and sieging is the funniest part in the game.

I take longer to convert, and if the tower is built just next to a tree, you ladder could be destroy in one hit. Whereas with drawbride, you can partially destroy it easily, and then ladder directly to the wall.

5. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I think it's not such a bad idea, just make them expensive and exceptional, like only 3 per life and costing 40 gold?

6. Verdant

Verdant Shopkeep Stealer

solution to door ladders!

Doors no longer open automaticaly, you press E to open them, all vertically conected door tiles open.

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hell no, are you on crack?

8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

sooo much effort.

9. Verdant

Verdant Shopkeep Stealer

Hey, the simplest answer is often the best. I fail to see the issue

10. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

This is the issue.

11. Verdant

Verdant Shopkeep Stealer

Ha. You could at least bring up the fact that an archer behind a 1 door becomes nigh invinccible. That's a valid complaint at least :P

12. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It is a valid complaint, why the hell should it be more tedious to play the game?
    Hell if it were like that I'd just stop building doors altogether.

Spiritlol likes this.
  13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It is bad because it
    - adds another use for e, fuck no
    - adds more tedium
    - makes moving in/out of doors a pain moreso than now
    The only redeeming benefit is door hallways and those would still suck

14. Verdant

Verdant Shopkeep Stealer

Geez alright, who knew knights in the 16th century where so adament about their automatic doors... Point taken

15. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

The doors in KAG are not automatic, there are little midget who work as gatekeeper. They also control team bridge. So stop messing with team bridge, and door or all this midget would be jobless, and make a big economic krisis.

And King Arthur's lived about the 5th century. And in 5th century, there were no knight throwing f**k**g bomb on the battlefield and having fun by gibbing offensive builder into pieces.

16. Verdant

Verdant Shopkeep Stealer

Does that mean there is hope for zombie midgets?
    Assuming they have previously taken a castle and converted all the occupants? :D

17. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

:eek: It will be fun to see zombie midget converting doors and teambridge by infection ! Such a great idea ! Then if you want to use you team--door-bridge you have to convert it again !

We are going off topic, sorry :p

18. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

If anything I would want doors to open on touch instead of having to push into them like you do now:
    1.) It would make going downward through double doors possible (unbroken).
    2.) Door hallways would be a lot less annoying.
    3.) This would also stop those pesky door elevators from working thus preventing anyone from attempting to make them.

If you wanted to prevent team door notch climbing without removing notch climbing altogether, I think the method I mentioned earlier is probably the best solution.

Verdant likes this.
  19. Verdant

Verdant Shopkeep Stealer

that does sound pretty Ideal Chrispin! i didn't even consider the fact that they don't open on touch now.

20. Demented_SCV

Demented_SCV Shopkeep Stealer

But what about archer nests like this one?! That door would stay open all the time!
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::door::bridge::castle_wall:
    :blank::blank::blank::castle_wall:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.