1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Overworld and Adventures

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirSalami, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChronoWaster

ChronoWaster Shopkeep Stealer

And make your single failure send you into eternal rage quit as all you efforts amounted to being ping killed, greifed, shot by 2 arrows at once, or maybe falling from a block that was one too high and insta killed, ect.

2. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

I dunno man, I don't really see anyone who's saying that every server should be forced to be permadeath. I'm gonna play on Jamburglar's server because I want hardcore permadeath, but I, at least, am not saying every server should be forced to be like that.

Although it would be kinda nice. :p

3. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Permadeath is fun.It prevents game from being a boring quest for getting higher levels/items.
    I think permadeath + roleplay would be a nice server : )
    If you haven't tried yet recommend you to play Realm of Mad God.

4. ChronoWaster

I'm just saying it will not be that fun playing when everyone you try to fight runs away every time they get slightly hurt as to avoid death, because that will happen with permadeath.

5. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Only if mechanics were terrible broken. And people already try to avoid death when their team have 0 units. But they still die anyway. And running back for heal it's a smart thing to do, I wish more people did so on limited lifes servers.

6. ChronoWaster

Yes but the people at the end of the game have 1 hour tops invested into the game, I personally do try to stay alive already, I'm just wondering whats going to prevent the other team from camping in there castle with 10+ archers, while I hide in my base to afraid to even toss up a bomb lest be riddled with arrows and loss all my sweet lootz.

7. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Staying healed up is the best way to win 1 vs 1-5 at zero lives.
    But, if people could have unlimited lives, it would be all like
    "Shoot, I need to get out of this cave, oh well, I'll just nom on this cyanide."
    But hardcore requires you to be smarter, use actual brain powah, and keen your skills.
    I liek hardcoer nao.

8. nicely said, er typed in i mean

9. ChronoWaster

Okay, I just ask you to try one thing:
    Go play a round of KAG and don't die once

10. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Eh, but at least if I force the enemy force to retreat, I control the territory. If I want to kill them for good, I'd have to break into their base, which would require good siege equipment and stuff, plus we'd need to block all the entrances so they don't run again. Tactiiiics.

11. ChronoWaster

I guess your right, but I still sometimes play to see that +1 float above my head, and having everyone run like cowards would hurt my chances of getting my murder on.

12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Done. Next challenge?

FuzzyBlueBaron and BlueLuigi like this.
  13. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

No i like the idea that i wrote down!!! thats why i did it in caps!

14. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Stop with off topic.

15. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

If this happens, I will love this game into eternity. I already love it, but yeah. I'm excited!!!

16. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

It will be like Minecraft in a sense.

17. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

Yeah, almost. Just a little more violent/RPGish.

18. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Not that sense, how minecraft started so small, then expanded.

19. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

Ah, I get what you mean. It would be great if this game exploded like Minecraft did. It deserves it.

20. fidos5

fidos5 Catapult Fodder

My plan for this version.

Become Archer.
    Become atleast lvl 5 (depending on lvl cap).
    Leave current faction/guild/kingdom, but keep friendly relationship.
    Go out to woods and build a nice house.
    Live in house.
    Be mercenary.
    Get a reputation as The Tree Killer.
    If the earlier faction/guild/kingdom is in war, join them, but leave after the war.
    Still keep friendly relationship.
    Becoming old, scare the young 'uns when they're set out to get firewood (I'm still living in the woods by the castle).

Also, (this might have already have been suggested) if there is different races, they should have different buffs and debuffs
    Some examples
    Humans (well derp)
    Buffs and Debuffs are not really anything, this is more of your 'average' race, though it might be made different,like a more diplomatic race? Like your usually more friendly with other factions. Or idk...

Elves
    Get extra resources from trees, and wooden objects cost less, and if there is a mage class, they might get more mana, and maybe they're better archers too. But they're main thing is that they move faster and build factions better? More independent, but they hold they're own everywhere.

Dwarves
    Get extra resources from the ground and stone objects cost less and a buff with axes and better armor. Most other races want this race as a friend because of they're better armor. More of a resource-giving race.

Orcs
    Better in battle, making better weapons too. Basically the big warlike place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.