1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Graphical Issue (Pixel Related, In My Opinion)

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Grigori, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Grigori

Grigori Shipwright

Screenshots:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649876689879696418/33C4EEBE38ADA24D95746C18318D81D23C1ABFDF/
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649876689879695528/B022D1044D12CFCBDF4E3B1AFBB08F039FD22DAD/
    As you can see on first screenshot, my cursor, minimap, minimap markers and resources sprites are messed up and i know they must be normal, not like that.

On the second screenshot i turned on smooth shader option, u can compare it with first one and you will se the difference.

I tried all the resolutions, my native is 1680x1050. My video card is ATI x1950GT, with lates avalible drivers for it.

Also i attached latest log file and checked it. Found interesting line: The amount of upper corner pixels and the lower corner pixels is not equal, font file may be corrupted.

P.S. I could not find thread with similar problem on first 2 pages. Sorry, if there is. I hope it's not video card problem. :( Sorry if my english is not perfect. Thanks.

Attached Files:

trelawney likes this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is related to your graphics card not working for non-2^n sprites. We're working on a padding system that will store the images in memory as something older cards can read, and converting all the files we can to 2^n dimensions to save this hassle in the first place.

3. Grigori

Grigori Shipwright

Thank you for you reply. It's nice to see, that you are trying to solve this problem on your side, rather then offering me to buy a new video card (i will, in near future).

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  4. Grigori

Grigori Shipwright

Will be this issue fixed in the upcoming zombies patch? :(

5. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Thanks for the detailed report.

If it is not fixed in the zombies release, it may be fixed in the weeks following as the developers will be working on resolving open bug reports at that time.

Have you checked if this exists in the bugtracker http://bugs.kag2d.com ? If not, it may be a good idea to submit it there (along with Geti's comment or a link to this thread) so that this continues to be tracked as an open issue.

6. Drammoth

Drammoth Catapult Fodder

I'm having the same problem. Won't buy the game until it's fixed.

7. FliesLikeABrick

Thanks for the input (not sarcasm)

8. zapunch

zapunch Catapult Fodder

• Spam/Offtopic
    How could you not buy such an awesome game? Well if it completly stuffs the look of it I can see why you wont...

9. Drammoth

Drammoth Catapult Fodder

I want a game to be perfect before I make a purchase.

10. FliesLikeABrick

KAG is alpha, that means not only is it prone to have bugs/issues but it is *likely* to have bugs and is not yet done being developed.