1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

1 pixel wide stripes when scrolling with certain resolutions

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ArrowSteps, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ArrowSteps

ArrowSteps Catapult Fodder

When I use a resolution that is at least 1399 pixels in width I run into a strange graphical glitch in situations with horizontal scrolling. Black vertical stripes that are 1 pixel wide appear between graphics/sprites, especially between those in the parallax backgrounds. It is really hard to showcase in screenshots because in solo mode the achievable scrolling speed is so low, that these stripes appear very rarely and I did not yet manage to take a screenshot in the right moment in multiplayer, because those stripes flash up very briefly.
    However, in situations where you get frequently pushed around by bombs and slashes it becomes so annoying that it is pretty much unplayable for me, so I have to resort to using a lower resolution.

This happens in any resolution that is at least 1399 pixels in width and happens in windowed mode as well as in fullscreen mode.

Drivers are all up to date. Graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 3800 with nearly everything set to off (AA, adaptive AA, AF, etc.) in the drivers exept for mipmaps which are set to max quality. However the problem is identical on all settings for mipmaps, so it seems to be unrelated.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Have the same problem myself in testing, and I know Noburu had it in a previous version.

3. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I have this once in a while at the normal version. Is it just underground (at dark places) or also above ground?

4. ArrowSteps

ArrowSteps Catapult Fodder

Both. It is (Imho) far more noticeable in the parallax backgrounds above ground though. This may be because usually you will not be pushed that much underground. It really depends on the horizontal scrolling speed. It is barely noticeable and quite rare when just walking. But when flying through the air at high speeds because of a bomb or a slash it is very noticeable.