1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombies soon!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Why you kill my dreams? Anyway, I am already like the darkness. Really fun to fight in it and travel through it.

2. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

ZOMBIE FORTRESS Single-player Released!

[​IMG]

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. BUILD A FORT
    2. WATCH OUT FOR ZOMBIES

In a land far far away… evil has spawned from the *deep*… yeah you know what this is…
    If you’ve paid the 10 bucks it costs you are ready to play it (if not click here).
    Launch the game right now and it will auto-update.
    Run KAG and login at least once, open the Solo menu and select “Zombie Fortress”.
    Wait for the night to come and be prepared for all hell to break loose...

We’ve been holding this release for a long time, trying to iron out everything. It’s still not all ironed out and IT’S NOT FINISHED, we have a whole bunch of stuff waiting to be done more in this mode. But it’s gotten to the stage where we just really want to show it to you guys.

Before you get too exited, zombies multiplayer doesn’t work yet. Trust me, we’ve tried to get this done and dusted (12-16 hour days for the last month) but it’s going to take a while longer. Since we’ll be off at GDCin San Francisco next week we’ve decided to give you guys access to the single player zombie fortress mode.Since you can’t play with friends yet, we’ve added something called Party Mode to zombies - you can recruit migrants, control them and give them basic orders. We’ll be expanding your control over party members in coming updates (go-to, gather resources orders, re-stock etc.).

Here’s how the basics work in-game:

[​IMG]

Note that you need quarters for migrants to arrive and be recruitable!

Basically hold down [R] for a Party Menu or tap it quickly to switch between party members.

CTF / TDM CHANGES:
    This patch, besides zombies, introduces a ton of other things we added for the free version of the game in CTF. So much has changed that we haven’t kept a proper change-log. Here are some highlights:

• Lighting - castle interiors and caves are dark. You can hide in them.
      Lanterns in full version (will work fully next patch).
    • Workshops have no castle background. This means they can fit anywhere and don’t cost stone.
    • Team bubbles stop on the edge of the screen so you can see your out-of-screen teammates crying for help
    • Bomb has changed - doesn’t have the bomber-man effect - tweaked bomb jumping
    • Many collision, networking, exploit and security fixes
    • Swordfight is now Deathmatch - a mini-tutorial for training to fight with Knight and Archer
    • AI that can fend for itself! (No more derpy Henries)
    • Randomly generated dungeons and castles (fully moddable, get on it server owners)
    • Rubble from collapsed castles and in ruins
    • Tapping function keys [E] [Q] [V] to perform certain actions is now possible again, most importantly tapping [E] on the tent to quickly swap classes, and F to swap tiles. Long time players might appreciate the return of the first one especially.
    • Player names on cursor show only when close and in full light (to allow hiding)

Due to some security issues, localhosting wont work, and those on shared IPs wont be able to play at the same time. This really bugs us and we’ll be fixing it ASAP, but it’s better than the alternative (a nice big security hole).We’re keen to see what exploits work (so we can sort out something to deal with them) and what ones dont (so we can laugh at the people who tried them) so we’ll be watching the forums keenly.

We’re not raising the price until the multiplayer is in to ensure noone feels cheated; that means KAG is still $9.99 for a limited time. To buy the Full Version of KAG (takes just 5 minutes;) ) go here.

Very big thanks to KAG admins, guards and testers! It wouldn’t be possible without you.

Have fun!
    Geti + MM

3. Darcia

Darcia Chief Fur Love Director <3 Donator Tester

Yay!
    Yay!

4. Coldkenny

Coldkenny Drill Rusher

It says im not premium what the?

Ataraxia likes this.
  5. Isen

Isen Dreamhouse keeper Donator

omg omg omg

6. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

I have the same problem.

GETIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

7. Atilla77

Atilla77 Catapult Fodder

It say i'm not premium, but i'm what the f??? ?

8. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Builder Stabber

same... this is a kick in tha nads...

9. Akur

Akur Catapult Fodder

oh yeah, i love you guys :3

its working and makes a bunch of Fun :D

whoho! its :migrant:

10. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Fuuuck this shit is hard. I get a tiny little building up and switch over to a Knight before I'm slaughtered. :D

But it is SO rad!

11. xxpabloxx

xxpabloxx Shopkeep Stealer

Hi all, I am testing the zombies now :B): To the premium members who cant play zombies, I had to change the password because it changed automatically, have you tried to change it?

12. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

How horrifiying, I made it to day 2 only 1 time.
    Then I was chilling at the edge of a map when an archer spawned right when I hit on a chest, being followed by 15 zombies and an explosion out of nowhere.

13. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Builder Stabber

Tried it, didn't work. It's not that you can't log in, it's that the game seemingly doesn't register you as a premium holder.

14. Hellsteeth

Hellsteeth Catapult Fodder

BY ODIN'S BEARD! It Works! And it's FANTASTIC!
    A very heartfelt thank you to all!

15. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Post in the new announcement thread please.

16. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Read the post above yours!

17. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

*LOCKED* If needed PM me and I shall open it again.

illu and Noburu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.