1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE FORTRESS SINGLE-PLAYER RELEASED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Played a few rounds already, quite a trip. Haven't made it past night 4, lol.

TIP: Build your stations in a tower, the zombies will destroy everything at the bottom, & the NPCs are retards who refuse to climb my team bridges.

2. joshuabr123

joshuabr123 Builder Stabber

Those zombies are the best zombies evar! My record is the second day! lol!

Agent_008 likes this.
  3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Figured out the Migrant issue. Go to Admin, and go to next map. That somehow clears up the issue with Migrants if they aren't showing up.

I was fighting with two archer NPCs I got at the beginning of the game, then during a particularly terrifying siege, two more showed up! So we were up on top of my tower sniping shit, then all of a sudden a Wraith spawned and blowed us up. The End!

Has anyone seen the Zombie Spawn portal yet?! I SAW A KNIGHT ZOMBIE! After I was killed by a Wraith while venturing underground, of course...

This is so badass.

4. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

OH IT IS ON NOW!​

[​IMG]

Tip from Hansel: Powder kegs DO NOT go through bridges. Sooo, watch out for that...​
    I had a portal right under my base in my first game. I thought it was common stuff. No knight zombies yet D:

SARGRA13, Noburu, Wonkyth and 2 others like this.
  5. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Made it to day 5. Then I dug too greedily and fun started to pour out of the womb of the earth.

6. [19:23] <Ej> ohohoho
    [19:23] <Ej> im being lucky as always
    [19:23] <@MM> my servers havent crashes once
    [19:23] <Ej> 2 seocnda after i spawned
    [19:23] <Ej> bunch of skeletons spawned next to me
    [19:23] <Ej> and i started running away
    [19:23] <Ej> effect?
    [19:23] <Ej> underground portal
    [19:24] * +Neat (~Neat@client-86-25-171-170.bkl-bng-011.adsl.virginmedia.com) Quit (Ping timeout)
    [19:24] <Ej> like 2 blocks under the main hill
    [19:24] <Ej> and hordes of skeletons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[19:51] <Ej> gues what?
    [19:51] <Ej> it turned out that i made a base on the portal
    [19:51] <Ej> for the 2nd time
    [19:52] <@FinDude> what's best is having a portal in an open dungeon
    [19:52] <Ej> ^
    [19:52] <Ej> yup

7. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Everything was fine until i tried taking out the Zombie portal with a keg...
    Should've known the undead hordes were too much to protect the keg and myself from :( .(Died trying to throw a regular bomb)
    And those flying things are :C .

8. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Woahhh! Nice one! Thats so fun and scary at the same time! What an awesome job already! We need to gather tactics against those undead ennemies!

Agent_008 likes this.
  9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

@Ej

Last game I played there was a Spawn in an open dungeon. I controlled one of my archer NPCs and shot it til it was destroyed. :D It was too high for them to jump up and get me, but I got those little bastards.

God, so much fun. I am having a ball!

10. Yes, and the damn thing spawns zombies like a mo-fo. Haven't managed to take one of those things out yet. ;C

11. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

Post more screenshots guys.

12. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

epic epic epic epic AWESOME

13. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

[​IMG]

14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

MooCowMan, BlueLuigi and goodyman8 like this.
  15. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

WHAAAAAT NO COME ON BLOODY GAME DONT TELL ME IM NOT PREMIUM DICK!!!NOT NOW!

16. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

17. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

green buildr is mercenary im pretty sure
    i couldnt try it yet cause OF THIS STUPID PREMIUM BUG
    im pretty sure these flying creatures are wraiths cause in update i saw the file wraithbite or somethin

18. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Got it first time, used remember me and it got solved.

19. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

No real complaints so far with Singleplayer. It's incredibly hard at first but after your third or fourth death you are golden. Only complaint I hold is Migrant/Vagrant Pathfinding, the inability to tell AI to guard a spot and have them actually run away when they start taking damage, and of course you can only throw the lanterns instead of hanging them.

Few smaller ideas I had that isn't overly Zombie related:

AI is based off of how players play, such as Knights that defend/slash properly instead of sitting there taking it, maybe Archer's that actually climb tree's and run around how a normal Archer would.

Make it so normal zombie's can't climb. Add a more advanced runner zombie that can climb straight up.

Hurry with the stone door! It's like a Blood Moon every day! (Teehee Terrurruararuia reference)

Would be nice if we could change our shout keybinds for the 1-9 keys. So many keys I don't use and I would love to be able to change out which emote it does.

Give me a hug!

Just a few simple ideas. Idk, don't mind me.

(P.S. Give us a save option for Zombie Fortress!)

lehoon, aaaaaa50 and Agent_008 like this.
  20. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

Just some quick notes:

- Arrows don't go through bridges.

- The chat position should be an option in settings. Im getting kind of tierd of editing the config files after every client update.

- Could you make an option to toggle the pie menu ON/OFF when buying arrows/bombs/lanterns (pretty much from shops that offer one thing only. As much as i like that you can tap E to buy, the menu that's popping up is giving me epilepsy.

- When you buy lanterns the animation is similiar to when you loose health, which is confusing. Is it a bug or by choice?

- Also, now that there is night, the lantern on quarters makes it impossible to make stealthy bases. Lanterns are something that should be bought and placed wherever you want, not something that comes automatically with shops etc.

On the other note: Really amazing work!

MooCowMan and Neat like this.