1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE FORTRESS SINGLE-PLAYER RELEASED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Eeshton

Eeshton Shopkeep Stealer

Everytime I play a game with you, it seems like someone on our team is making a tunnel from under all of our defenses and you always rage, nice to finally see where the anger is coming from :V

thebonesauce likes this.
  2. Bandwagonman

Bandwagonman Shopkeep Stealer

How is it that brain power doubles when zombified?
    Dumb migrants--->Smart zombies
    What has science done?

aaaaaa50 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Bomb jumping was nerfed... :( To what extent, I'm unsure, I just know you can't do held jumps anymore. I literally only played about 5 minutes of Multiplayer today as Zombies (as expected) has taken over my life.

Thanks for understanding. :D It's so fucking irritating when kids who think they know what they're doing don't know what they're doing, and then proceed to fuck it up for the ENTIRE TEAM. Was that the match where the tunnel started right outside the spawn tent and a single builder managed to completely fuck the base up? You know, because everyone was too fucking focused on the tunnel?

4. Titmau5

Titmau5 Bison Rider Staff Alumni

I wouldn't say Zombies is "hard", it's a challenge though. At first I died because my idiotic archer got stuck behind, and I had to go rescue him, but the second round I survived 4 or 5 nights. :flex:

I gotta say, I started tweaking bawls when those zombies started crawling up my castle wall. My cat was like :huh?: lolol

Jamburglar likes this.
  5. thebonesauce

Surprisingly, your archers are better off if you give them the "Stay here" command and then place them on top of walls blocking off your base. One on each side (maybe two if you have enough NPCs, but that's only ever happened once... Migrants come at the most inopportune times :>:(:) and you're golden... For a while. Til your archers start missing shots and they become overwhelmed.

6. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Well, I've been building staggered spike traps and they do the job quite nicely til the zombies start removing the spikes. Also maybe we could try building our structures at the side of the map Dx?

thebonesauce likes this.
  7. scienceboy

scienceboy Shark Slayer

Bone then lets play on gold servers! They usually are smarter/better groups of people :)
    (like i was on one and you could get kicked/banned for tunneling) :P seriosly though pretty good server!
    Dont know if its up anymore but any gold server is pretty good :)

8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

The release is quite fun. I've only had the opportunity to play it a few times, and it's obvious that there's a lot still for me to learn.

Has anyone been able to successfully use catapults against zombies? I never took the time to build one, much less shoot it at enemies that are already at my doorstep.

9. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

Only thing that changed is that the bombs now do damage more naturally depending on the distance from the blast rather than bomberman style. You have to be very close to the bomb to get any distance with bombjumping from the ground. Held bombjumping still works, although you dont gain as much vertical speed, mostly horizontal. Also I think that the requirements of speed/timing of held bombjumps changed a little. I gibbed on a couple of occasions when I should not have.

Theres something I did not see discussed in this thread yet (aside from this inane tunnel discussion). Day/night/lighting system as it applies regular CTF multiplayer. At first I was skeptical when I saw it on BEO's server because their maps have a lot of holes in their wangs for some reason ( :D ) which makes them really ugly. I noticed that wang tunnels don't work that well on big maps. There's too much of running around in the dark 3 level complicated dungeons that are also an eyesore. And don't even get me started on night time. It's just one big cluster fuck. I was rather dissapointed by wangs and day/night cycles at first.

But then I tried playing one of the 200x200 servers with delightfull BACON folk and it was pretty great. The map was smaller so the dungeons were more compact and less maze'y. Even tho the maps were randomly generated each one had a distinct feel to it. Right now the only way to get some proper light at night is to to build quarters. Which means that the middle of the map reamins dark at night. On bigger map it means that you don't know what is going on at midnight, but on smaller ones it's not that big of a deal.

One more thing: KAG is starting to look pretty amazing as of this update. I had a couple of moments playing today, where I just enjoyed watching the "sun rise". The warm colours revealing landscape changed by the nights warfare. Pretty great. The last time I felt like this when playing a game was Skyrim. There is something to the day/night cycle with proper lighting that makes a game so much more immersive.

FuzzyBlueBaron, thebonesauce and Neat like this.
  10. Demented_SCV

Demented_SCV Shopkeep Stealer

I don't want to call them ZKnights. I want to call them Heffalumps, as in "heffalumps and woozles."

11. Eeshton

Eeshton Shopkeep Stealer

Bots need a major improvement, that's the only flaw I see as of now, other than glitchy portals.

12. Parrna

Parrna Catapult Fodder

Any one else not able to use the most zoomed out view after the update. I can't tell if this is a bug for me or if they took it out. I didn't see anything about it in the change log.

13. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

It's been officially removed.

14. thebonesauce

It was removed.

15. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

I rather just call them assholes.

Also, you should try digging underground and you may be surprised at the labyrinth. :D

thebonesauce likes this.
  16. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Us testers called them Zights. :D

17. I killed a Heffalump today, stupid jerk took at least 4 bombs & 3 double slashes to kill!

18. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Damn H4X0Rs! :>:(::bird:

19. pinguiniv

pinguiniv Shopkeep Stealer

20. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Well server admins cannot from what i can tell.