1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE FORTRESS SINGLE-PLAYER RELEASED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Take a keg bomb and throw with to the portal. :)

2. tilly

tilly Catapult Fodder

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is downloading righty now!!! CAN NOT WAIT FOR IT TO FINISH :D:migrant::r_flex::D:QQ::D
    </br>--- merged: Mar 4, 2012 6:56 AM ---</br>
    STARTING TO PLAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::D IT IS AWSOME!

3. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Has any one else noticed the rise in people buying the gave since the Zombie update came out?

4. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Generally speaking CTF is rather stale nowadays especially when tactics are over used creating a rather repetitive game play. I can suspect zombies being even more repetitive but rather less competitive and more casual for people plus I can have a foresight of custom maps being made without the worry of symmetry.

5. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

It was only 2 weeks ago that it was 5000. In the last two days it's gone up by 600 at least.

6. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I had 2 quarters with 5 members. Sometimes an archer would turn up randomly and get massacred.

7. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I unearthed three portals at once, so imagine one crap base, tons of wraiths, millions of zombies and at least 3+ z-knights.

8. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

What's funny is that all zombies is about right now is posting up stories and pictures into the forums in order to garner likes and affirmations :<

9. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Shopkeep Stealer

No it's not?

10. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

What I would like is that it gets harder each day, not each Migrant you recruit.

11. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Shopkeep Stealer

Why? The current system adds a sort of permanence to it.
    Besides, wouldn't one expect zombies to go where there are more people rather than less people?

12. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Eventually you will need as many migrants as you can get, for the in game goal, so as you collect more migrants to try and win the game will get harder.

13. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

In base with my derpy team:
    [​IMG]

Sadly after that screenshot random wraith came and everyone blew up.

14. Are you suggesting I'll be able to set up my own castle with my own slaves?

:B)::B)::B)::thumbs_up:

15. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

How about slaves....that take new migrants and turn them into even more slaves?!
    Endless meatshields!

Rayne and BlueLuigi like this.
  16. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

Hey guys, this all looks like really working! I think that "meatshields" will do their duty if they will be in numbers! For all fans of RTS games! Some facts:
    1. Migrants will come only at day, not night. Good that they will not be meat for incoming zombies.
    2. Each Quarters will attract at least one migrant, and their cost is really small - 18 wood for workshop room and 50 wood for quarters, pretty cheap=68 wood. At start we have 250 both wood and stone, also 35 arrows.
    3.! Each migrant will bring to our base 200 both stone and wood, also 35 arrows. How much! Pretty much!
    SUMMARY:
    For each quarters we have really big PROFIT - 132 wood and 200 stone. WE can stop gathering any resources(except gold) to constant building! Don't forget that also we get workforce with each migrant and can build a BIG TOWN! Using this method, I get for each day at least 3-4 migrants so I can place guardposts on sides of map and forgot to fight myself.
    Note: Three troubles I had is here^
    - Zombies are reanimating after death;(( Stupid AI cannot understand it and don't murder corpses:(
    - Wraiths explode my base if don't mange myself to kill them:(
    - Flood of zombie horde really is proportional to flood of migrants, so at second day I gotta Z-Lord and A LOT OF FUN WITH KILLING IT:D It killed more than half of my men, but finally i gotta this by slashing it.
    So I hadn't need to build a fort and msee how my potential slaves are being killed by zombie horde:) As a rule, ALL zombie must be killed or you will get a lot of fun when this zombie-flood will break in your fort:DDDD Also beware of wraiths!
    Thanks to all because YOU let me guess how to do this:)
    Your Ronin:migrant:

17. King133x

King133x Ballista Bolt Thrower

I feel like the best base is an under ground base with one entrance I found a glitch with the map ;) dig under ground every day come out add another layer of stone( for wraiths). Another thing I do I go up in the day build as many quarters as I can and get all the migrants with free resources and let the zombies break them at night while I slowly dig deeper. Be careful when digging deep as you'll stumble on the portals which will spawn wraiths blowing up terrain till they reach you ( I'm not sure but I think they target the nearest player or building) I use a builder to tunnel over a portal drop kegs too make a hole UNDER the portal so zombies will fall. I then ladder Down and destroy it easy without getting hit! Zombies fall into my keg crater :D portals spawn wraiths every time you hit it so be careful. Suicide keg knights!!!

18. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Zombies are proportional to the amount of members.
    Also, place your quarters on the surface, without any walls blocking the way to get to them.
    I never had migrant trouble with that.

19. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I forget where I read it, but someone said there's an easy way around getting migrants to your base. Just create a workshop "shell" (as in don't fill it with anything) outside of your base as soon as a migrant spawns. They'll think it's a Quarters and you'll be able to claim them that way. 18 wood is a small price to pay to get a migrant!

20. Disrespekt

Disrespekt Shark Slayer

On my 4th ZF game, I made a bunker in the ground with stone on top of me, and stone below me. Suddenly, in the bottom left corner of the screen I see one of the zombie spawners.... Spawning those flying explosive zombies.... Slowly drilling a hole in the dirt to reach my bunker..... Survived 8 nights on that one, my longest yet! ^_^