1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Map simply does not function.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by BlitZWTF, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlitZWTF

BlitZWTF Shopkeep Stealer

I'm stumped, i can't seem to get this map to function, nothing appears at all and i just spawn in the middle/top of the map and fall to my death, repeatedly.

Any help would be appreciated.

About the map -
    It's a blood gulch-esque map i called TwinCastles.
    It contains tents of both teams.
    Uses Doors & Bridges (Both Red and Blue)
    Sky, Stone, Wall, Gold, Thick Rock and Bedrock. (Names derived from the wiki)
    Created in Photoshop, saved as a PNG file. Used the TDMTEST.png map for the base size.
    TwinCastles.png

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

That was easy to fix.
    Here you go this one should work:
    TwinCastlesfixed.png

The issue was that you didn't save it in 24-bit depth. If you don't do that, the map won't load correctly.

Try this version out. Should work.

Edit: Ninja'd Melan, Melan is too slow.

3. Melan

Melan Shark Slayer

Nice map, however, I think this should be in the Modding -> Maps Section, even though you have a problem.
    I think your problem is that you need to save it in the PNG-16/24 format, I had this problem when I started out too, freaked me out too.
    As I make maps with photoshop as well, you're in luck. :)
    When you press the Save for Web Devices, check the top-right corner for Preset: PNG-24, and under that, it should be set at PNG-24 as well.
    Hope this helped :thumbs_up:
    EDIT: Ninja'd by Kouji. :QQ:

4. BlitZWTF

Thanks, imma try it now and edit if it works.

Also, how do i save in 24-bit depth?

5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Melan gave you that answer for photoshop:

It depends on the program you use though.

6. BlitZWTF

Oh right, derp.
    I'll try and save a tweak version like it, but i've never gotten that option.

EDIT: Found it, failed to realise there was an entirely new 'Save' for that. Herp de derp.

Problem solved, thanks guys :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.