1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Useful Structures - a community effort.

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Swaggernuts, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

[​IMG]

Some base designs. I tried to make as many buildings posted in here in there as possible :) The tower you see there is to prevent whole pretty base getting destroyed by a catapult, it's easy to repair.

EDIT: This ain't meant to get in the OP, but I thought that it would just have been nice to share it

2. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Monsteri the first building an archer can easily arrow ladder over it, a knight can break through or a peasant can ladder up or break it. So its not quite as effective as you may think.

3. Monsteri

I know that, and it will for sure happen if there are no archers ;) But the only meaning of it is anyways to give your archers some cover and stop the enemies just to WALK past. And it can be connected to other buildings too.

4. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

Useful structures eh?

[​IMG]

5. Swaggernuts

Swaggernuts Guest

how is the giant T useful?

6. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

T is the shape of Abraham Lincoln's hat and it instils fear into the hearts of the confederate Red team as it was the only reason the Union army won the war.

Wolffkran, russian_warrior and Ej like this.
  7. Swaggernuts

Swaggernuts Guest

(Please make a comic of that) Oh duh, HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN.

8. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

I was just thinking,how no one got this till now!
    Amazing thing for mass destruction!
    [​IMG]

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Could you post some of these structures at kagcommunity? It's pretty neat site and I'd like see it blasting off. :)

10. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

I never see any similar structures in game like the one i make :s
    All of them are highly effective and easy to make.Cost a bit more,but can also take more beating...
    Here is another one.Tested this one whit some guys,VERY effective!Traps are hard to spot,and most of the time they chased me whit Knights.
    [​IMG]
    Good thing whit this Spike tunnel is that the spikes are hard to see and your team will NEVER get killed!
    How NEVER?well like this.When you make doors,always make them 3 blocks high and put spikes ONLY on upper door part!
    All spikes that are on first blocks of any door,stone etc WILL harm teammates!Take a look how i placed them and where!
    Have fun :D

Auri likes this.
  11. Swaggernuts

Swaggernuts Guest

I think the spikes are interesting with the doors i like that. But the whole spike tunnel is useless cause the only way to take damage in the tunnel is if you started jumping through it and the second somone sees the spike they arent gonna be jumping.\\

Ha1ter, YOUR A GENIOUS. why did i never think about that. GIANT BLOCKS OF DOOM!

12. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Well,how do you "walk" whit your character?Almost everyone jump around to go faster(even you don`t,only on ladders).
    It is tested,and it works.

And about giant blocks...FREAKING YEA!!!Hard to get them where you want,but once you make em,it is just a pleasure!

13. Monsteri

Used the spikes in a game few hours before, they didn't kill everyone but most enemies who passed it :)

Someone even claimed that someone was hacking, because he didn't see the spikes :D

Auri likes this.
  14. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Glad someone liked it :D
    I have couple more ideas,will post the tomorow.

15. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I added many of the structures here to www.kagcommunity.com

I attribute them to the original authors but it would be a lot better if you guys would create accounts so that I can assign them to you as the authors properly.

16. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

I just love the name of my thingy lol

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

My two unnamed castles were both taken from actual games. The little ones was taken from a devlog post to demonstrate archer windows. I rember building most of it myself. I don't know if any recording exists of the whole thing.

18. willy

willy Guest

I guess I should move this here:

[​IMG]

19. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

@willy: You could create an account and add it on the KAG database. (That's how I call it because "KAG Community" doesn't really fit.)

20. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeaaah I'm aware the name doesn't fit very well.
    I asked for suggestions and it was the only one I got -_-

Also, it will eventually have more community-focused features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.