1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Hypothetical Overworld Circlejerk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jamburglar, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yea, flying mounts in 2d games are stupid annoying, I'd hate that.

2. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I am not really for riding anything in kag, it would serve no purpose unless riding certain animals did certain things, like riding a bison into a stone wall cracks it

3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ive said it before and I will say it again: We should be able to shove a bomb up a bison's ass and ram it into a wall as a battering ram. ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

4. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Riding animals should give the same privilege as riding it on real world: More speed, no stamina waste and ground advantage.

5. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

But a disadvantage to maneuverability and inefficiency against spears, pikes, etc. should they ever be added to the game.

6. underwaterbear

underwaterbear Shipwright

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet but it's actually quite easy to find vanilla Survival servers. They are the only ones I play on, because I feel all the nerfs, donator perks, and plugins ruin the experience of minecraft.

Also I would totally be down for playing on your server Jam, and I'm sure there are a lot of other serious roleplayers that would also sign up as well. Roleplaying isn't that fun when everyone wants to be a special, unique snowflake y'know? This is also why I hope most servers will allow multiple characters, even if there's a limit, like two or three per server, that way people can roleplay a peasent, and still have a high level merc character or something for when they feel like being a badass.

7. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Yeah, I was thinking occasional player wipes may be in order to keep things fresh, you know? Although that might not be necessary because with the permanent death system, everyone will get plenty of chances to try out new things.
    The only problem I could see coming with multiple characters is "alt interacting" like for example, farming food on your peasant and supplying your merc with it. Or revenge killing to avenge someone killing your peasant.

I'm really glad you get that it's important for everyone to assume different roles, large or small, weak or powerful. Because that will make it fun for everybody.

8. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I see nothing wrong with blood-feuds! :D

9. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I actually like playing an important role, that no one else wants, like cook, that just sounds fun, or a thing that no one plays

10. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

I was playing this roleplaying game just the other day. It's like a server on Mount and Blade Warband that uses a mod built around roleplaying, and I was a tavern keep. I got my girlfriend to serve ale, my friend harvested wheat and brewed alcohol, and I fished and cooked, sold it to other players, rented out my beds for them to sleep in, and I would be the guy all the other peasants sold their bread, fish, ale, to when they needed some money. I turned into an entrepreneur and around me the server built it's economy. I hired other players to form caravans and sell and buy good from neighboring castles, and eventually I was making a good 100,000 coins a day.

I then sold my tavern to squeeze out the last bit of profit I could make, then bought a fort not too far from the city. I bought all troops and became a lord of the castle. Of course ICly my character didn't understand war tactics and whatnot so he made for a poor strategist or military commander, but he understood trade and used his money to outfit the soldiers with the best equipment and made profit off of war by conquering other factions.

The only time I came close to fighting on that character was when my caravan was robbed by bandits, but I easily paid them off. The point is, I had so much fun playing a role that others look down upon and I hope everything I've said in this post is something I can do in Overworld.

mishKa, Birdman159, Chinizz and 6 others like this.
  11. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Gloves were invented for a reason sir and i shall not envy your job.

of course you were successful who would suspect that nice tavern keeper of massing up hordes of gold and getting dirty rich when everyone else is out slaying each other for your gold hence why i shall be a small time hunter for animal hides and i would like to see you sneak up on me you will never find my house

Chinizz likes this.
  12. killerhellhound

killerhellhound Shipwright

lolololololol

give me gloves some bombs and a bision

wall behind that ffffffuuuuuuuuuuu@@@@###

13. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Hoping for some form of central banking where you can store stuff without having to worry about theft or any of that stuff. I also hope for some form of transferring said goods like a will one bequeaths to their descendants. So what I imagine is that you would have to undergo some weird quest thing to have a descendent and if you die your descendent will be your new character and take up whatever items you left for yourself in your bank account. It would be, in my opinion, fun to "assassinate" people's descendants and kill off whole family lines and such. This would also mitigate people from full on rage quitting and allowing some very small leniency so you don't necessarily lose it all when you die.

Miggles, Dark_Ham, SARGRA13 and 5 others like this.
  14. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I really just would play on a nonpermadeath server, but I just hate grinding and would not want to lose it all because I am not great at the game, not saying I would not go on permadeath servers, I would do that too, but my main would not be

15. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Hrmm. I'd rather have less automation in the bank. Hopefully it'll be possible to build super-strong defenses that random thieves can't burrow through, so if someone manages to build a big fortified bank, people with full inventories would probably be willing to pay money to store their items there. If the banker steals stuff, the people'll probably kill him. Bank heists would be srs bsns with heavy explosives and guards and stuff. [/optimism]

Miggles, SARGRA13, Eric and 1 other person like this.
  16. JimboAinzley

JimboAinzley Catapult Fodder

I've made a recap of some things that have been said, and added some ideas/expectations of mine for what I'd like to see on a server:

- No killing without a reason, so death would not happen often
    - Players would play seriously and play as well as they can in order to survive and keep their character
    - Economy
    - Bandits stealing money in exchange of freedom
    - Ramsoms
    - Friendship developement and sacrifices
    - Inns that would offer beds for some coins
    - Being a mercenary
    - Jump into a war in progress to help one side and change the story of the event
    - Dungeons to explore
    - New classes (assassin? medic? other?)

I know there is much more but I just wanted to sum up some of the best ideas

17. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

No! Not the rams! :QQ:

18. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

There should be set territories , so if someone (An enemy) walks into my underground fortress I can kidnap him and make him my bitch slave.
    There also should be guilds that can eventually take over nations, or just be a small business , or a group of hired assassins.
    Guilds can set plots, give medals, hold ceremonies ,ect.
    They should also be able to set how rich a guild owned land is, the more rich it is the better it can be built on, the better land costs more though.

19. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

Hearing of player wipes, could there be unranked servers and ranked ones with a ladder system not unlike diablo II, the ranked ones would be wiped every few months and the ladder could start anew. But there could be multiple ladders, including short term ladders that reset after each wipe, long term ones that rank total points of all time (as in 500 points, wipe, 300 points, wipe, 800 points all time.) And best average of points per wipe, meaning that 1000 points one wipe and 0 the next would lead to an all time average of 500 points per ladder.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Too many flying things in a 2D platformer is annoying, period. It's why terraria is always such a clusterfuck, and that game has hardly any collision detection.

Also, as far as hypothetical circlejerks go, this thread has gotten REALLY hypothetical. After all of these indie game debacles I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if something this huge was ever realized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.