1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The greifer paradox.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by antymattar, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

First off, premium players can be banned, it's votekicks that don't affect them. Premium users can still be banned by a Guard or Server admin. If you are having griefer problems again, get onto the IRC and type !guard and then tell the guard what server you are having problems on and they will be able to come on and warn/ban the offending griefers. Hope this helps with any future griefing problems.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  2. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Admitting to griefing?
    1 million years, dungeon 1 week ban!

Auri, Contrary, AnRK and 5 others like this.
  3. Sendokami

Sendokami Catapult Fodder

Honestly iv NEVER liked that premiums could not be vote kicked. I encounter at lest 1 game a day where a premium joins and greifs my team. And IF a mod or admin gets to him its AFTER hes destroyed the tower opened a hole in the wall what ever. When a non premium starts greifing we can votekick him BEFORE he finishes. Once the word goes out and 2 or so people see him hes gone and we can quickly fix the damage.

And yes I know we can record them and report them but that does not help the game were playing. I want to stop them BEFORE they ruin us. The worst one iv ever seen opened a wall in our castle and then stood in the way so we couldn't seal it up. We where 40 ahead by the time a mod froze him, and he go banned we where down by 15 lost all our shops and our castle was lost. My whole team saw this and wanted to kick him but we couldn't because he paid 10$ and was a premium.

4. Rainbows

You can't care that much if you don't even bother to report them.

Contrary, Eggnogg, Serolfic and 2 others like this.
  5. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

I stopped reading the first post, absolutely asanine. If I joined a server on reports of griefing, missed the original grifer and only saw you 'retaliation griefing' (or whatever your horrible logic wants to justify it as) I would ban you.
    And yes, gold members can be banned.

Auri, Titmau5 and Kouji like this.
  6. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

I was on the same server as this guy and he was just running around griefing people everywhere. There was no justification.

7. Nixito

Nixito KAG Guard Tester

There is no paradox. Instead of griefing the other team, just play on a different server. It's that easy.

Eliseus, Redigit, Titmau5 and 4 others like this.
  8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Really hate to be off topic but spell griefer right, IE not EI!

Nixito, Eggnogg and Rayne like this.
  9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

but the greffers are on to us!!! :eek:

Eggnogg and Redigit like this.
  10. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

This is for all these griefers:
    [​IMG]

Nixito and BlueLuigi like this.
  11. mangus

mangus Builder Stabber

I'm pretty sure I just lost brain cells reading through this thread. Though I can take out of this my extreme pleasure at being able to stay solely in Premium servers. Also, did anyone catch the part about a hacked server where everyone is premium and it has lanterns/kegs? Can anyone verify that? That's the main issue here if true.

Wonkyth and Rayne like this.
  12. antymattar

antymattar Shipwright

Yes its true. I saw it myself.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 9, 2012 8:04 AM ---</br>
    You have not met Siopa then. If someone encases your tent from within because he can get infinite stone there(Again, this was in that oxymoron server) you cant dig a tunnel to it. Cause she/he keeps repairing the walls. We ended up being stuck in there. And all the blue team members just go "Blue!? greifing Red? Impossibru!"

13. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

If you were building a skybridge and someone destroyed it. Good mother-fucking job. :bird: :thumbs_up: :yes:

Also, recently people having been griefing with outposts while abusing the block removal bug.

14. antymattar

antymattar Shipwright

I know. I never build sky bridges. I just... fight.

15. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

[​IMG] Well? Alright then.

16. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Oh dear, assuming this guys isn't just a troll that wants to grieve, you should never go on any non-premium server where vote kicking is disallowed in general, they seem to exist soley for the purpose of grieving anyway. I've not encountered one that's been moderated once, and on one occasion I came across one that was moderated by someone that was grieving themselves...

17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Man, haven't you ever thought that one person's to choice change teams and grief has nothing to do with the rest of the team?
    I agree with them.

18. Rainbows

[​IMG]
    Anyone else reminded of that?

Rayne, BlueLuigi and Jackal like this.
  19. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

You know, I don't care if it's already been said, but this is the first thought that came to mind after reading the original post.

Thou'th been trolled, good sir.

So don't expect any kind of intelligible action from a troll.

I don't know. I'm tired. I'm going back to sleep. -_-

20. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

KK. Thanks About That.