1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

This is an emergency of utmost importance.
    I just finished watching the last episode of Mahou Sensei Negima, which was pretty damn funny and awesome, but now... I have nothing else to watch -____-
    Recommend your favourite anime's please, I'm all out.
    *edit* title was meant to be Best Animes ever, i forgot the s.

2. Vatx

Vatx Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ghost in the Shell - Every Movie and episode-based series, everyone probably watched this already but whatever.
    Trigun & Trigun Badlands Rumble
    Baccano!
    Steins;Gate
    Real Drive (RD Sennou Chousashitsu) - This one is really hard to find, not many people know about it. If you want it contact me via PM.
    If you like Mechs then all Super Robot Taisen anime is good. (Basically same story as in games, so... it's good.)
    If you like something more hardcore i'd recommend Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, name can be very deceiving, but this is just something that will blow your mind away, it's aay more mature than it implies.

Maybe you watched some of those, maybe you don't. I just listed names of things that i found out to be good.

TheAverageMan likes this.
  3. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

Ill take a look at some of them. Thanks!
    that Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica has a similar name to Mahou sensei negima. similarities?
    *edit* i just looked it up. it does seem to have a lot of similarities. ill probably look into this one first.

4. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Madoka Magica is about magical girls in frilly ruffly dresses fighting witches.

I highly recommend Spice & Wolf if you like adorable, well-defined characters that progress as actual sentient creatures. Partiality to string music and dudes talking about business non-optional.

Contrary likes this.
  5. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

There is nothing wrong with magical girls in frilly ruffly dresses fighting witches. Shame on you. lol xD
    but seriously, do you have any other suggestions? ill take your advice and maybe overlook that frilly ruffly dress one.

6. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It wasn't mockery! Madoka Magica is kind of amazing and you should definitely watch it. I am not an avid observer of the japanese animes, so there's not much else I can think of.

Mitsudomoe is alright if you like generic slice of life animes where schoolgirls do approx. zero things an episode.

7. Vatx

Actually Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is one of the most mindraping things i watched in recent years, while first 2 episodes present you with typical magical-schoolgirl bullshit, third one really, REALLY makes your brain explode.

Let's just say... this anime can be very brutal and mature. If you watch it, you will see.

Oh and also watch Appleseed.

AstraTheSpaceBurger likes this.
  8. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I started watching this when it was coming out, being a GITS fan I was excited for it. Gave it up after 5 episodes or so :( didn't interest me enough.

9. Vatx

I liked it, but I heard many people were loosing interest in this, dunno why.

10. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

ahh ok then. it sounded like mockery to me.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 10, 2012 12:17 PM ---</br>
    I... i just watched the first episode of Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. I've just been mind f*cked. What kind of drugs have those girls been taking 0.0

11. Vatx

I told ya, this is complete madness :f

12. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

By the way, if you guys haven't watched Mahou Sensei Negima, you should, it is the best comedy anime i have seen by far. It even has a plot for the last three episodes.

WarrFork likes this.
  13. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Code Geass
    Death Note
    The end.

Edit: Fullmetal Alchemist as well.

14. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

Yea ive watched all those.
    And if any of you guys havent watched soul eater or Gurren Lagann. they are very good animes aswell.

15. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

My favorites:
    Death Note
    Code Geass
    Clannad
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Hayate No Gotoku (Hayate The Combat Butler)
    Gosick
    Otome Yokai Zakuro
    Black Cat

I started reading the Soul Eater manga and I kinda lost interest in it. I may start reading it again, but I doubt I'll watch the anime though.

Cheesemaster66 likes this.
  16. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Fairy Tail, Love Hina, Akikan! & Mayo Chiki!
    Mahou Sensei Negima is great also. :)

17. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Hajime no Ippou is a really damn good series too...

Beef likes this.
  18. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Akira, Red line, Boondocks, Afro Sammurai :thumbs_up:

xChapx likes this.
  19. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

Hmmm, i heard from my friend that Mahou Sensei Negima is a lot like love hina, and written by the same person, but Mahou Sensei Negima is better.
    Yea I've already watched all the episodes of Hajime No Ippo. Who knew a boxing anime could be so good :)
    (there is no u after Ippo.)

20. inkBot

inkBot Catapult Fodder

Best anime ever is something in constant flux, since tastes change over time and such. I like a lot so, here we go.

These are the ones I can rewatch forever. In no particular order.

Kinos Journey
    Haibane Renmei
    Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
    Fairy Tail
    Excel Saga
    Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
    Afro Samurai (original and Resurrection)
    Claymore
    Ancient Book of Ys I and II
    2x2 Shinobuden
    Starzinger
    Hokuto no Ken

Wakfu, it's technically not anime, but screw that it's awesome.

Edit: Forgot Wolf's Rain, Read or Die (both OVA and anime) and Gokudo-kun Manyuki.

Mods: BlueLuigi