1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Problem

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Contrary, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

You have to pull the draw string though. Also, I was up against the concept of "archers shouldn't be beating knights in close combat".

2. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

It is a fairly well known fact that you have to draw the string in order to fire any arrows.

Contrary and Rayne like this.
  3. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Thanks Sherlock, any thing else to share?

What we're talking about is when in certain situations you are interrupted with an enemy's attack during the charge time frame releasing that loaded arrow. IMO, naturally if you were in the process of carrying heavy weights and someone were to bump into you, you'd drop those weights. Personally we shouldn't remove that trigger happy element of the archer, in stead, we should make it in a way that the arrow will only release if it reaches it's full charge.

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Seems reasonable to me.

5. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I simply feel that if you have an arrow notched, it would be released if you were stabbed in the face unexpectedly. They will be hurt if they stab you at the amount of charge you had at the moment of 'stabbage' because you have drawn the string back enough for that amount of force to be applied to the arrow as it is released.
    Hi Spoolooni! By the way, my name is Shearlock, not Sherlock. They always get that wrong.
    Why would not having full charge when getting hit prevent you from firing the arrow that you have notched? Do you mean to say that the arrow you have balanced upon your fingers and a piece of string attached to a lump of wood would not fall off in a stressful collision between sword and flesh?

Spoolooni likes this.
  6. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Again, this is the real Sherlock I'm looking for. Besides, if you do observe people in war, if they do get shot down, some of them will die with their finger tuck onto the trigger while the gun fires chaotically.

7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

buildings are in fact NOT overpowered!
    both team uses them, and it requires a lot of builders to make a big building, and a lot of builders to destroy a big building.
    the amount of builders needed is in both cases about the same!

archers have trouble when they are pushed back, because there are less trees.
    knights have trouble when they are pushed back, since they'd destroy their base with bombs.
    buildings have no trouble, since the ones closest to the base are made with inf resources, and are highly protectable!

the building time is irrelevant:
    if theres a lot of it, theres bigger buildings on BOTH sides; no-one profits of this.
    it just makes the fight longer, and more fun.
    if there is an unlimited amount of lives, the building time is in fact the way to measure the time the battle will take!

I have to agree that the last suggestion is (almost) brilliant!
    a little more time to place a block, with an animation of placing, perphaps, would be awesome!

8. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

So what you're saying is basically: Buildings are not OP, but they should be nerfed? :huh?:

9. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

You know what, I'm going to ram a tractor into the wall as soon as someone brings the same suggestion up again.

10. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Buildings should be nerfed.
    And nerfed in the fashion that there should be no vertical team-only travel.
    Feel free to tractor your wall now.

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Why do skybridges still exist after all this time?

Spoolooni likes this.
  12. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Why don't we play on unlimited life server if we found that building is OP ?

Building is OP, but unlimited life is far more OP.

13. Stop spamming inhere. This thread has already over 20 pages, I don't more shit to read.

14. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It's honestly not overpowered Chinizz. Unlimited lives promote more aggressive tactics that otherwise die out due to unit counters. Unit counters are nice for traditional maps because with a very simplistic organization of strategic points, it's easy for stalemates to persist -- Hence why I enjoy unlimited-life servers, but only with carefully or purposefully made maps, not generated ones.

Spoolooni and Rayne like this.
  15. Rayne

Unlimited tickets are a server setting, adding diversity to the game's servers, you want to remove that?
    E- Carver is better at explainin'

16. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

Being someone who uses Bows and Arrows, I can see the logic in that (I fire those small bows that go up to 100 feet, their fireing god knows what, but the tension must be huge). So basically, I agree with what the other said.

Spoolooni likes this.
  17. Rayne

So what about that makes it okay for an archer to randomly kill you in cqc when you kill him?
    It's the randomness that I hate about it.
    Archers already have the advantage of long range, why should they be powerful in close range?

Chrispin likes this.
  18. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Someone's pretty mad they got shot by Hoj.

Also, you put very little effort explaining why, if you warp past more than 10 pages you'll get a nice heated argument on the removal of vertical bridges, apparently developers disabled it so archers cannot shoot through it. At first I digress but I was enlightened when skybridges were rendered useless due to this new trapbridge factor.

Also, if you want to get up the castle wall's easily, grab a builder, and that's what I like about the team element in Kag. I'm happy about the new trap bridge changes but anymore nerfs than that definitely explains the incompetence of players who prefer to wing through things being a lone wolf.

I think I've said enough. However, we both can agree sky-bridges defy physics and it is an official hindrance being affected by the new changes.

19. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

I'm not entirley sure what cqc is :p, but isn't combat SUPPOSED to be fairly random?

20. Rayne

Are you an idiot? That's not even what happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.