1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WiP] Rise of the Samurai

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by FlamingDragon96, Mar 14, 2012.

1. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

[​IMG]
    Divider3.png
    In a land far in the east a war has broken out between the Hojo Clan and the Takeda Clan. Without the help of the Shogunate these two will be equally matched in a fearsome conflict that will spill the blood of thousands. Being too close to each other they must construct their fortifications under aggressive attacks. It was once said that whenever these two clans would engage in combat the spirits of the dead would rise for there would be no living to tend the lands. Everybody ignore this for it was a mere legend, a great mistake it was. After years of war the dead were walking the lands and killing the remaining survivors of the conflict, none shall survive... unless you change this!

(was that any good?)

Divider2.png
    • Make trees (they were smoothed out)
    • Edit grass
    • Make knight body
    • Make archer body
    • Make builder body
    • Make custom heads
    • Make tent
    • Change zombie fortress textures
    • Change title screen
    • Change background
    • Change ambient sounds to music
    • Change title menu music
    • Female Sprites (shall be done along with the females for my roman pack)
    Test.png
    RiseoftheSamurai-1.png RiseoftheSamurai-2.png Untitled.png Rise of the Samurai.png
    Last Stand.png
    Flight of Survival.png
    Divider4.png

Attached Files:

2. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

The cherry blossom trees could be a bit more smoother.

3. FlamingDragon96

Thanks, i'll get working on it ASAP! :)
    </br>--- merged: Mar 15, 2012 3:02 AM ---</br>
    Still need to fix trees but I was able to come up with a knight body. Please, tell me if I need to improve on the armor. I also changed the sky color to a sorta orange/pink sky.
    [​IMG]

4. YEAH_NAH

YEAH_NAH Shipwright

oooooooohh... this pack has to much potential to express with words. :shad:

fishfinger73 likes this.
  5. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Looks bloody awesome. Keep on it mate and you'll be famous. ;)

FlamingDragon96 likes this.
  6. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

7. FlamingDragon96

Thank you! :)

I'll try! :D

Oh my... I had the same idea as this guy! Though the samurai looks a bit plain and my samurai won't have a shield, his sword is his protection. Anybody have any idea on what should I use for when gliding? I was thinking a cloud or a small dragon, any suggestions?
    </br>--- merged: Mar 16, 2012 2:16 AM ---</br>

What's this?! Mount Fuji on the background?! Express your thoughts about it, this pack is for you guys (though I'm always gonna use it X3) I've chosen the title menu music, check it out. I was thinking of changing the ambient sounds to music, i'll let you guys know if it works.

[​IMG]

8. YEAH_NAH

YEAH_NAH Shipwright

Looks great!
    And that Menu music will be awesome.

9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I am surprisingly impressed with this.:shad: I might actually play with this mod!

10. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Looks awesome. Maybe change those background trees too.

11. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yes keep working on this. This could easily be the best overall pack. Change a little bit of everything.

Rayne and FlamingDragon96 like this.
  12. FlamingDragon96

Will be awesome? Trust me bro, I already have it for the menu and it is epic. :B):
    </br>--- merged: Mar 16, 2012 3:55 PM ---</br>
    Yeah I was thinking about doing that.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 16, 2012 4:00 PM ---</br>
    I need help with somebody that has experience making very detailed stuff in a very small amount of pixels. Could somebody possibly make the samurai head to have one of those samurai masks? Use these pics as reference. Thank you in advance if you're able to do it.

13. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Post your request in this thread: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/taking-requests-ayesdyefs-hattery.3945/ and link back to your thread. Ask nicely and give him credit and he will help you out.
    :shad:
    If that fails (unlikely) ask here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/wip-heads-modifications.3730/

14. FlamingDragon96

Thanks, I asked on the first thread. Now the waiting game begins...
    </br>--- merged: Mar 16, 2012 6:25 PM ---</br>
    I was able to successfully change the ambient sounds to music. Though it sometimes gets annoying when you're constantly changing from caverns to forest, yet it's pretty epic to know you have a bit of ingame music.

15. I'm really bored:
    japanmasks.JPG
    I know this isn't any masterpiece but I just wanted to practice before some serious modding.

Heads featured as an attachment.

Attached Files:

16. FlamingDragon96

Thanks for your try! There's just so little space to be able to make something as detailed as the masks, so I'm just going to be making ninja heads, that big hat, some kind of emperor with the beard and mustache, and probably some different symbols for the top of the hat. You can see in the last picture that my character's head is a bit different from the others.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 16, 2012 8:07 PM ---</br>
    I'm going to release an alpha stage so you guys can find bugs and stuff. Remember that the title screen is going to be changed with some artwork by my bro (if he ever does it), and the knight isn't fully complete (still needs stabbing, dead, blocking, and gliding). Since this has different content such as sounds and sprites it will be placed inside the Base folder. Remember to backup your old folders (GUI, Sounds, and Sprites). I really need you guys to test the ambient sounds which are music right now, please tell me if they annoy you too much or if you like it. Thanks for all your support, time to eat and keep working on the knight! :r_flex::B)::flex:

Error is coming up when I upload file so just download it from my mediafire. DOWNLOAD

crawfish and Noburu like this.
  17. YEAH_NAH

YEAH_NAH Shipwright

Alright, downloading now...
    EDIT: Ok, for the short I managed to play, the menu IS epic. :shad:
    The in game music is fine IMO, but i only managed to hear the underground and on ground level musics... :(

18. FlamingDragon96

Try getting on solo death match and go to the top part of the map, I might lower the ambient music to be able to listen to the sound effects. If I decide to take out the ambient music and leave it as default then I might add some music whenever the tickets reach zero and it beeps (if it works), that way it gives excitement as you fight for your life.

19. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Change the Hearts and the Targeting reticle too.

Jack_The_Whack and Noburu like this.
  20. FlamingDragon96

I have no idea what I should change them into though.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 17, 2012 3:32 AM ---</br>
    The depleted tickets music idea was a fail, since it beeps twice the music is playing two times so it's all messed up. I might keep ambient music.