1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[319]1 Way Archer Floor Idea

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Zappierchris, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

Hi,I Was On A Server Today And Came Up With A Idea:
    [​IMG]
    Basically a archer which was under the floor could not shoot through unless another player was stood inside the team doors. This design does use allot of wood, (80 wood per 1 trapdoor+teamdoor) But can be quite usefull if the enemy has lots of archers,It helps if you build this over a spike trap.
    So ... Hope You Like It and If You Have Any Suggestions Please Say,But i Wont Be On Here Often.

-P.S : BTW : Castle sucks beacuse i didnt have much time to build a nice one ^^!

2. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

3. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Its a bug, a bug isn't meant to be exploited.
    If it was a feature they would add knights on flying ponies to counterbalance it.

Filio, Chinizz, Eliseus and 3 others like this.
  4. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

Ah , but you are supposed to use trap-door floors ? or is the bug where the archer shoots through the top? i dont really understand.

5. -Q

-Q Donator

Seems to refer to the extremely effective and useful method of hiding behind walls when charging a shot. It's vague, so I'm not sure.

Yeah, Drafiks, quoting yourself like that and implying OP is an idiot isn't cool, as you just posted a grammatically incorrect statement and didn't elaborate.

I don't see how this would be 'Wall Shooting' though, OP didn't even mention any offense. That is to say, this is a defensive design, for when the enemy team is archerspamming. Assumedly, one knight would stand in the middle, away from the arrowspam from below and above, until he is fully charged at which he would attack through the door.

Drok, Noc and Rayne like this.
  6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I don't see how shooting through a team bridge(aka trap door) is a glitch.

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. -Q

-Q Donator

Well, it would seem that the whole usage of trap doors as bridges is unintentional (and therefore a glitch?), rendering it moot. I don't see how its a glitch either, as having them block arrows would cause archers to become much more OP.

8. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

well shooting through solid tiles only really works if they're touching/ really close to the solid tile in question, I'm just assuming that he means the team bridges.

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I thought he was referring to shooting trough solid blocks like castle/dirt.
    Anyway I just checked your castle thoroughly and why are there castle doors?

10. -Q

-Q Donator

The castle doors block arrows. That is the point of this design.

11. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I know that but I mean the 4 door entrance...
    Its not increasing the speed you enter or doesn't give you advantages overall.

12. -Q

-Q Donator

Oh, of course that's ineffective. It always is. I've heard of owners who ban people for doing it, in sheer rage.

13. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

Thanks @hatsumei for explaning the idea. The 4 doors to enter were only put there because i was rushing.

14. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

[​IMG]

Here is my archer nest design i came up with. Perfect spot for a archer to barrage arrows to any stuck knight that is in the spike pit. Would just use trap doors, but you cant quick fire through them anymore, so contraptions such as allow for ultimate defense. Purpose of the 2 gates, is to prevent knights from bomb jumping or stacking to get up there, or incoming arrow fire from below.

EDIT:

Here is the unedited screenshot, that will help some people understand how high and where the archer nest is located.

[​IMG]

evol_nomad likes this.
  15. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I guess the best form of praise is imitation. Nice looking perch though, looks like it will work!

@ opening post,

Your concept you describe and show in your picture is really hard to understand, I suggest you try to edit it until it is more clear to the point you're trying to get across.

16. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

Those designs are pretty cool and unique, but this design is much different. I am the first that made this exact design. Which making it unique. Going to go patent the design now.(kidding)

17. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I think what the OP is trying to say is that doors can be used to block arrows:

:blank::migrant:
    :door::door::door:
    :bridge::bridge::bridge:
    :blank:^
    :blank:|

:bow::(

and the bridges are there to allow people to stand/get up to the doors, in otherwords to provide coverage from arrows in all directions.

If that is the case, I'd say it is a little too costly and prevents your own arrows from being shot through as well (unless they are full powered). Paingiver's and Killatron's archer floor are personally better because it both blocks arrows from below and it's cheaper.

18. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

Yea! Thats what im on about. Paingivers design is much better than mine so refer to that if you can. :)
    And Kouji your hatsune miku sig is cool :P

Kouji likes this.
  19. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

Regular ladders on top of a high tower work the best. The high tower design keeps Archers safe at the same time giving them a good effective range. Uses a lot less wood and its made fast.

20. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

Yes, That Idea Is Much More Efficient But Does It Block arrows Coming Upwards?