1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE FORTRESS SINGLE-PLAYER RELEASED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

/me cuts cos of zmobbies. D: is true, SWAER!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  2. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

Uhm... what?

Spoolooni likes this.
  3. Glor

Glor Builder Stabber

oh, when zombies MP will be available...:(

4. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

When Phobos freezes over.

5. Glor

Glor Builder Stabber

No, I'm really wanna know:D

6. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I'm really wanna know as well, be we'm gonna have to wait till they actually tell us, no one here knows more than you, people really gotta stop asking.

7. Glor

Glor Builder Stabber

I understand that nobody except creators don't know when something will be updated/released..
    I'm just sayin';)

8. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Not even the creators know, but some gods do.

9. Glor

Glor Builder Stabber

O ye great gods! Can u answer us?!:D

10. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

The more you ask the more it's delayed.
    -Amertarasu

11. Glor

Glor Builder Stabber

OMG...:eek:
    Sorry fellas, I'll never ask again..:)

12. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I already did, I said it comes out when Phobos freezes over.

13. Dantedeathhermit

Dantedeathhermit Horde Gibber

The zombie mode's difficulty curving is too much like a heartbeat monitor on a guy who has frequent anxiety attacks, I can build a hole in the ground with the top sealed off with stone and break it in the morning, collecting the migrants and returning back at night to seal it off again, but if I make a castle or guard tower or even a structure with huge pits at either side I get owned by the 4th night (if I'm lucky).
    The zombies break down doors so fast it's not even worth puting them down because they can get through a 6x2 corridor filled with doors and before I can even block off the back of corridor they're already gotton in and slaughtered me.

On my best run (based on lack of chaos) so far, I got to day 3 by building a bunker inside a secure underground ruin with a thick stubby T at the enterance to stop the "boomer skeles" as I call them, explored through the ruin a bit, then found a portal.. some tentacled THING came out of it, I filled the corridor up with stone, ran back into my hidey hole, barely have time to tell my two knights to follow then that THING comes crashing through and one-shots them, then corners me and.. and, well...

Thanks for the nightmares.

Bear in mind I did this barely 3 hours ago,
    (at time of posting, 9:00PM-ish 18/3/2012 EST)
    so it's still VERY fresh in my mind, I'm not playing the ZF mode until next weekend though)

Other than the overpowered zombies, the new update is awesome, though archer AI could use some tweaking, IE half the time they either don't shoot at all or fire nowhere near their target, often getting themselves killed in ZF mode very quickly.

aaaaaa50 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Great to have you on the forums! Welcome! :)

If you look through this thread (and this one too) you'll find some tips for staying alive longer. Otherwise, just play/experiment and see if you can come up with your own ways of surviving 10+ days. It's possible, just challenging... :p

15. JungdaPanda

JungdaPanda Catapult Fodder

Just bought this game its so fun xP I can only survive up to 12 nights though its so hard after 10, The wraiths constantly spawn from the spawner even after i blow it up, is it a glitch? i had 7 quarters+ every other shop and even made decoy lights around the map and walls 4-5 blocks thick- i had 4 archers with a constant supply of arrows shooting through one slot into a pit where zombies fall into, I just broke the bottom 2 blocks of the arrow shute to get migrants inside and repatch it up since they arent smart enough to jump on bridges as ladders, and every morning when there werent too many enemies around i would repair the damage but i eventually ran out of stone >< had to make patchwork ceilings. I would have made it longer but after i used one of my knights to suicide-keg the zombie spawner, then surviving with the knight, a zombie knight popped up from where the spawner used to be and killed him... then more zombies and wraiths kept spawning from that place and it was impossible to keep repairing the roof and floors at the same time and eventually uhh... they got to me :/ last 2 days were so intense its not even funny[​IMG]

I dont know if 12 days is decent but seems most peoples records are 8 days so here are some tips:
    -first day either carve into a hill or natural structure, try to make a inner and outer wall and leave about 21x7 box open, the top floor for 7 shops and bottom for 7 quarters and the middle for bridge/ladder/doors. gotta work fast, its good if u can manage to keep atleast one tree inside the base and leave 5-9 blocks for each one to grow, but dont ever build above the trees. You might not get all this done on the first day but if youre lucky the first 2 or 3 days will only spawn skeletons and a few zombies instead of wraiths and zknights, so you can easily farm more wood and stonr for your base. like the ruins of my base shown above, dirt can be used as the walls or ceiling too
    -after your shops are set up try to work on 4-8 block wide pits on either or both sides of the base, leave a shoot hole to the pits but make sure the walls with the holes are 2+ blocks thick or zombies can squeeze through. post archers on either side and keep them loaded, the enemies will be attracted to the hole and the archers will shoot most of them down, leaving only a few to clear in daytime incase you need anything outside or you need to move a migrant in. Keep a arrow shop and quarters near your archer posts and leave multiple knight shops spotted around if you make a bigger base, incase one breaks and youre stuck as a certain class
    -if you have some extra stone and time then go outside away from your base, throw in a lantern and surrounded in stone and keep a one block slit leading in it, it can even be in a 1 block wide pit deep enough so it can attract zombies and skeletons to attempt to eat it. it will prove a useful decoy when you need to salvage trees or invite a migrant to add to your archer post
    -block underground paths with not just one layer of stone but several random stone blotches so it will fend wraiths and zknights for a while
    -if a zknight falls into your pit then aim bombs through the slot in your archer post, but make sure you have a builder to switch to immediately after incase you miss and blow the inside up, but dont worry cause itll only blow up in a one block radius and wont hurt your allies
    -dont leave door openings to the outside or zombies will break through, even if you stack them. after day 10 you wont be able to defend the doors and repair the walls at the same time, so just stick with repairing. keep a constant supply of stone in one tunnel but make sure it doesnt lead to a dungeon or spawner and block it off when youre loaded with stone to repair, itll also supply you money for ammunition for your dumb archers.
    -dont bother using stone for spikes because they will break and wear out
    if a spawner is near your base then get as much stone between it and the base as you can, unless you can blow it up (and your version stops them from spawning because mine doesnt for some reason) and use a knight unless you plan to suicide bomb, but even if yiou do use a knight you might die so make sure youre not the last one remaining in your party

Urgh i know this is long but hopefully i helped someone survive past the first eight days :p i survive about 9-10 on average but usually i give up at that point, become lazy and make a hole where i shove a bunch of archers in and defend them as a knight lol, doesnt help when an already lit up wraith blows up in my face though or a zknight just tanks through the arrow barrages haha
    </br>--- merged: Mar 20, 2012 9:20 PM ---</br>
    Last night i actually made it to 36 days! (or 38, i have to recheck my screenie) i could have lasted so much longer but I had to go to sleep :( i had a really well built system and encountered dozens of zknights and hundreds of wraiths T-T it was intense at first but eventually i brought up a system that only needed a few repairs every knight and i had infinite resources (legit, no codes or mods)

Neat, Wonkyth and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. zombie_man

zombie_man Shipwright

zombies is great but are the zombie portals ment to spawn because they spawn in my base and the game crash when i pick up a zed knight

17. justin101

justin101 Catapult Fodder

This IS AN AWESOME MODE

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Glad you like it. :)

(Btw, welcome to the forums! :D)

19. justin101

justin101 Catapult Fodder

Thank You

20. seanybabes

seanybabes Base Burner

man my single players wont work what do i do to fix it
    :bison: