1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[319] What do you build to get up

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Downburst, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

mid game, when you dont have a lot of time and resources, what kind of structure do you make when you want to create a way up for your team and not for the enemy team?

This is the cheapest+fastest way I could think of, does anyone have a better idea?

naamloos.PNG

Main flaw is that you have to start from the ground and can't stop at the middle, half of the pub players don't understand that.

2. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

The distance between bridges is too big for your team to climb in this build...

So what build picture is this :P

And i mosly build a 4 block tower with door to face enemy side and quaters at top.

3. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Well, in way of the builder, strathos made a nice wall, it is a bit intensive for wood tough, but its quickly built and can have a bit of punishment, because you can repair from behind, plus, it is expendable, so you can easily upgrade it.
    (at least, if somebody doesnt decide your building sucks and 'upgrades' it. :/ )

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I tend to prefer this:

screen-12-03-27-09-12-48.png

sure it's a tad more expensive which is why I only use it for towers at start up, but it's more well defended against bombs, ladies?

Auri, SARGRA13, GHOZT and 2 others like this.
  5. Downburst

this is the latest version, should work fine. Just start at the ground and hold up

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Nope Raron, it works, you can use that distance if you use a jump pad to vault. The jump pad allows you to jump bridges 4 tiles apart after the first on is 5 tiles apart. The issue is people don't really know this and as Downburst said, if you stop in the middle, you have to start over. It's fast though, ladies?

SARGRA13 likes this.
  7. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Yes but as a archer this would mean i could get stuck...since i like to hang in middle.And if enemy knights come im dead meat D:

Exactly the same building i build at beggining only add quaters at top

8. Downburst

hmm nice idea, you could even make both doors 1 block higher:

naamloos.PNG

Well, don't

9. Kouji

It's called arrow climbing, I tend to do it if I get stuck as an archer.

Also, I tend to do 3 blocks if it's really high, otherwise I just use 2, but I don't know why though, ladies?

10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If you need to hang middle add one bridge lower where you like to hang so you can also start vault from there.

11. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

Gotta say I always stick with the tower :S Repairable from inside, easy to move through with multiple ways out...that's a big one...multiple ways out.

quicktower.png

Only downside (as Kouji has infuriatingly shown me in many games) is that during its construction an archer can arrow climb it quickly if they are competent since Acavado block is one of the last pieces placed.

12. CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple Catapult Fodder

What I don't like about the jump pads (and using trapdoors to get up in general) is if an enemy hops on it, you're stuck with no way to get to safety. Is there a way around this without using the team doors method?

13. amuffinattack

Personally every other way involves them being able to get up with time. With the launch pad knights can not get up alone. They need more than one to do anything other than stand outside stupidly. I guess the team door method would work as well since they can't notch and slash 2 high but its more wood and more time. I prefer not getting back rather than letting someone in.

killatron46 likes this.
  14. CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple Catapult Fodder

Hmm, you're right. Better to lose one life than have some rampaging knight(s) come in and wreck stuff.

15. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

I believe that wall is a bit too thin and unnecessarily high. It will stun your allies and prevent knights from shield-smashing enemies, not to mention the time needed to get up. And dumb knights will have a hard time figuring out how to use the first drawbridge.

My personal favorite is this:
    tower.jpg

I always build it near the frontline when we're in building time. It has no complicated things, as it was designed to be practical: extremely fast to got to the top, fast to build, and very easy to expand as new resources become available, without having to slow down or bother the team.
    The door at the 4th block ensures the perfect climbing method for tight situations: you don't bounce on the ledge on the first jump, enemy knights can't get to it, and it won't retract like a drawbridge.
    The internal ladder allows the maximum speed for getting to the top in the blink of an eye, and the doors in the gaps may be omitted if the wood is scarce.

16. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Launch Pad - Restricts your ability to get up when enemies are around , however no way for an enemy to break his way up without a builder/bombs

Other methods - Any of them allow knights to get up in time, most of them with a solo knight, however you can approach easily and climb easily, they don't usually use vaults as newbies get stuck (3 spaces inbetween doors on walls for example).

Launchpads are literally the bridge equivalent of the 3 stones between a door for notch climbing, in that they abuse vaulting to take you farther, faster.

17. Launchpads are pretty cool when you need some boosts inside your big towers or when you want to make a cheap assault ladder. In another cases they just lose against notches which are more universal and noobs who cannot learn launching and keep spamming more bridges.

18. amuffinattack

Sadly its true they almost always never get used without someone spamming bridges. But in the moment of making it during battle its what I throw down. Its cheap and if I can't stay out long myself and anyone who knows how to use it can quickly get back in. Given time and mats making the front part two thick with a 4 high door notch would probably be best for over all mobility. (Talking about the tower I posted)

This actually looks pretty good. Effective, doesn't look to expensive and you could get up it pretty fast. I may try it.

19. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator

I don't know if any of you have tried, but you can build boost pads up to 5 spaces away and it still works:
    [​IMG]

Anywhere in there and you can get up 6-tall spaces. Lately I've been making my towers lower door 6-high so I can use these to get in quickly. :shad:

Attached Files:

Auri, GHOZT and amuffinattack like this.
  20. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

These = Not cata friendly. badbadbad :shad: