1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cannot authenticate at this time. The devs are working on fixing this problem.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by FREAKHEAD, Mar 28, 2012.

1. FREAKHEAD

FREAKHEAD Shipwright

First, I do apologize in advance if this is a known issue or there is post that I have overlooked or missed that provides a solution to this issue. After updating the game yesterday, I can no longer log in and participate in multiplayer sessions. I get the following error, "Cannot authenticate at this time. The devs are working on fixing this problem."

I did not see any reference to this error on the blog regarding the new patch or in the HELP! forum so I thought I'd post and see if there is something on my end I need to do to resolve the issue. I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Also, Kudos, I just started playing and I am really enjoying the game...will be purchasing as soon as I can log in again. :)
    </br>--- merged: Mar 28, 2012 9:22 PM ---</br>
    Just as update, earlier I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no change...I then saw a patch was released. I updated the game and again, no change. Thanks again!

2. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Sounds like you and Mulpy are having the same problem, so it's not just you at least. I have no idea what the issue is but I'll pass it on to someone who might. Sorry about this, I'm sure it must be pretty frustrating.

3. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

They are working on the problem right now. :)
    </br>--- merged: Mar 28, 2012 11:00 PM ---</br>
    It should be fixed now. :)

4. FREAKHEAD

FREAKHEAD Shipwright

Thank you for passing this along. I did just try again and it is not working at this time, same error. I'll continue to try every so often and will check periodically this evening.

5. GrimWaltz

Hmm, I'm sorry, I read your post wrong I'm afraid. That isn't fixed yet. But they are working, so maybe try again tomorrow? I know they are working on a lot of bug fixes as the update they have released to fix bugs, kind of brought bugs with them. I'll do my best to inform you as best as I can. :)

6. FREAKHEAD

FREAKHEAD Shipwright

I understand, such is game development. I appreciate your help and thanks again!

7. GrimWaltz

You are very welcome :)

8. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I am looking into this now. I see one attempt from you to authenticate today

76.84.249.99 - FREAKHEAD [29/Mar/2012:09:01:11 -0400] "GET /player/FREAKHEAD/myinfo HTTP/1.1" 400 12 "-" "APIClient v(dev)" 0.125 0.005 .

400 means that the server thinks it is an invalid response, I will try and research it more. Please keep an eye on this thread as I will need you to retry a few more times as I gather information
    </br>--- merged: Mar 29, 2012 4:05 PM ---</br>
    Please test again now, I think this may be fixed.

GrimWaltz likes this.
  9. FREAKHEAD

FREAKHEAD Shipwright

Yes, thank you. I am now able to log in. I appreciate your help.

GrimWaltz likes this.