1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG won't launch in Wine

Discussion in 'General Help' started by kexus, Apr 1, 2012.

1. kexus

kexus Catapult Fodder

I just downloaded KAG today for Ubuntu, and was disappointed that the sound didn't work. A quick Google search revealed that that was a known issue and has to be fixed in an update, so I decided to try using the Windows version in Wine.

I downloaded the Windows installer, and ran it through Wine. It installed successfully, and when I started the game it updated (I think that's what it was doing) just like it did with the Linux version.

The problem is that as soon as I click "Play" in the launcher, the window disappears. I don't get an error message or anything, the window just vanishes.

I'm running Ubuntu 11.04
    I'll update with more information after I poke around a bit more.

*EDIT* Here is the contents of the app.txt log file.
    Code:
    Engine (build: 349 version: 0.95A)
    Creating video device...

Downloading checksums from http://kag2d.com/update/kag/App/version.txt

Version file the same (key matches)

Loading library...
    Using file 'Base/Juxta.dll'
    Library loaded...
    LoadLibrary ERROR: 1114

Could not load game module Base/Juxta.dll (errno 1114)
    I do have the Juxta.dll, so I don't know why it can't load it.

*EDIT*
    I found was to fix the sound on Linux, so I don't need to run it through Wine. Of course, I'm still curious as to what the problem is.

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hi kexus,

I don't have any input as to your problem playing in Wine, but was wondering if you are having any problems with the linux version now? Also, what fix did you use for the sound issue? Are you having any other problems with the Linux version? :shad:

3. kexus

kexus Catapult Fodder

The Linux version is running fine. I followed this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OL7b7fhdp4) and just entered the command it gave in the description for "creating the .so file".