1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changed vote system/keys

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ttea, Mar 4, 2012.

1. ttea

ttea Bison Rider

So I've been experiencing problems with the vote system. I am running a Macintosh on Lion and I cannot vote by press in F11 or F12. So i cannot vote at all. Can anyone provide me with a solution or quick fix?

Isaac.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Moved to help.

3. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

What happens when you press f11/f12? Most F-keys are bound to specific desktop enhancements (in Snow Leopard at least). e.g f11 exposes the desktop, f12 brings your widgets to the foreground etc. Try pressing fn+F11

4. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Same here - even fn+f11/f12 don't work because in one way they do something like dashboard, and the other way they change volume. The only way you can get it to work is if you go into the OS X keyboard settings and disable one or both of those.

Is there a way to change the key bindings? I agree that the default key bindings on OS X for voting should be something different - this is highly inconvenient right now

5. ttea

ttea Bison Rider

It's all good now, in the new update the vote keys have been changed to + and - . Thank you KAG DEV team. :shad:

6. I can't vote because the + and - don't work for me. Im on a mac btw. :shad:

7. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

yeah they actually don't seem to register for me either (mac). What is supposed to happen when you press a key to vote? Is the window supposed to go away or anything?

8. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Yes I have this problem to, but totally forgot about the "+ & -" update.

9. Apparently, the window disappears after you cast your vote (before time runs out), while those who don't vote still have the window up till the time runs out.

10. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Random thought: why not just be able to click yes or no buttons instead of forcing them to be hotkeys

Hella and mishKa like this.
  11. ttea

ttea Bison Rider

I'll try to see if it works on my macbook when the next in-game vote comes up but I tried on my brothers computer and it worked. The setup is: Mac Mini - USB Connection to a mac keyboard and wireless connection to mouse. Interesting.
    If you were able to click Yes/No on the screen you may have people accidentally click Yes/No from Attacking, Building or Arching.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 4, 2012 7:49 AM ---</br>
    Also, I'd just like to mention to Mac Users that I have just started to use Parallels fro Mac to give me a working version of Windows 7 on my macbook. So if the voting on my computer does work it may have something to do with Windows.