1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Chat box doesn't close

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ockpii, Apr 8, 2012.

1. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Sorry to kind of bump this thread, but I have another issue with the chatbox. It's that when I open it, I can't close it, and it's kind of annoying to have it there all the time after you've opened it.
    ThanQ

~ockpii

2. feet

feet Bison Rider

Press Enter?

Noburu likes this.
  3. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

That simply closes the full-sized chat, but it doesn't shut away the chat tab.

~ockpii

4. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

i've moved this thread into a new one as it is a seperate issue. do have any background programs that use an overlay? make sure your keyboard layout is set to english (has known to create problems in the past)

5. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

No programs. I think I have heard something about the keyboard layout, I just had never known what problem it caused. I'll give that a shot and tell you how it went. Thanks ;)

~ockpii

6. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Don't you just mean that small chat at the top of your screen? ;)

I think the only way to get rid of the small text box is by pressing F6. That also removes your total GUI though.
    You could also change the chatbox's postition like this.

7. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Yeah, that is it. I knew about F6, but that's only handy for when taking screenshots :P
    I understand it's useful for multiplayer, but when I press enter in Solo mode, it pops up and I can't get rid of it in Solo, at least D:

~ockpii