1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Custom emblem and color team ?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by ikurhai, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ikurhai

ikurhai Shipwright

Hello !

I need your help. On my server, I want to custom the emblem of each teams, and change their color. How can I do it ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

2. Anonymator

Anonymator Shipwright

It's very simple. You just need to modify the team 1 and team 2 config files in the game mode repertory you want to modify (team color which use RGB system, team name and team emblem). I hope I help you.

Beef likes this.
  3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Anonymator is only partially correct.
    To change the emblem you want to use, as he said, go to the team1 and team2 configs in the rules folder.
    You'll see these three lines:
    name = Blue Team
    emblem = GUI/emblem1.png
    teamcolor = 29; 133; 171
    For name, you can name the team whatever you want.

For the emblem, put your custom emblem in the GUI folder and name something like customemblem.png or whatever you wish. Then change the emblem line to
    emblem = GUI/customemblem.png

teamcolor only changes the color of the score board. You should probably change the RGB value to match though. This however will not change the sprites themselves. In order to do this, you'll have edit the sprites yourself.

To change the teams themselves, you'll need to go to Base/Sprites in your KAG folder. You'll see that you only have a set of sprites for each type of person: archerfemale, archermale, buildermale, builderfemale, knightmale and knightfemale. You'll also notice that these are all blue team only. Change the parts that are blue to the color you wish the first team to be (there are only 4 colors of blue used, and each sprite uses the same blues for each one, so to make it easy for yourself, use only 4 colors of the color you wish to change the team to). After you edit your sprites so that they match what you want the first team to be, you'll need to look for the teampalette.png. You'll see that on the left side there is a column of 4 blues. Replace those blues with the colors you used on the sprites. Lastly, to make the next team be a certain color other than red, in the team palette, change the color of the red line to the colors you wish the second team to be. Once you start the game, the engine will recolor the second team to those colors.

Lastly, people will also need a copy of these of sprites and emblems in order for it to work.

Noburu, Rayne and BlueLuigi like this.
  4. Anonymator

Anonymator Shipwright

Hopy crap :p ! You are right. It worked before this update. But today I try to change teams colors. It doesn't work now. As you say we must edit sprites.

5. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Also, Team 3,4,5,6,7 are custom teams that work, but it takes time to set it up.

6. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

what numbers should i put to get a white colored team?

7. potato14

potato14 Shopkeep Stealer

Do you have to edit the enblime to get more tents spawning of team 3,4,5,6

8. skely

skely Catapult Fodder