1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Low FPS (5-7)

Discussion in 'General Help' started by darkroot13, Apr 12, 2012.

1. darkroot13

darkroot13 Shipwright

I recently updated KAG and when I logged in, the cursor was dragging all over. I checked the FPS counter, and I was running at 5 FPS. The game used to run smoothly, and nothing I've done has helped.

2. darkroot13

darkroot13 Shipwright

I tested it in single player, where ping is a non-issue. You've got a nice condescending derision there, by the way.

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  3. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

What have you tried?

Did you try an uninstall, delete folder, install?
    Or a simple reboot?

4. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

reinstall

check for video driver updates

What changed between when it worked and when it didn't? Did you just buy the game, did an update come out, did you install windows or other updates? Anything else?

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I can confirm this, I had it in my computer, and the hardware should definitely be able to run KAG.
    I tried updated my video driver, but didn't work.

It has been like this all the time though, not after some update. It still might be video card related; What's your video card? Mine is ASUS AH3450.

6. darkroot13

darkroot13 Shipwright

I'm pretty sure it had to do with a Windows update. Looking further into it, nearly everything on my comp stopped working properly about two days ago. My computer has been on a long downward spiral for a while now, so i reformatted it last night. Everything works fine now. For reference, I'm running on an HP Pavilion dv7 laptop.