1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 370 Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

It's only me, or for everyone sounds are WEIRD? :huh?:

xChapx likes this.
  2. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

1. The new resource counter isn't bad, just a little disconcerting, but I fail to see how it improves on the old one.

2. oh god the screams

3. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Not sure if it is some placebo effect, but the knight combat feels really damn good to me now. Every single slash I have performed during the new build has registered.

It felt so good being able to once again being to take out two guys, trying to destroy your door, with a well placed slash.

Really great build. Not sure what it is, but some of the mayhem seems to have returned. Big fan of this build. Archers shooting through walls or stomping you, gone! Spectator mode works flawlessly from what I can tell.

By the way, is the jump slash a bug or a feature? It allows knights to get over walls that are over four squares tall. Do a jump at the moment you release a slash and you will do a jump that is higher than your ordinary one.

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Holy shit yes please remove cc_valign = 0 from config.cfg, this is the reason I have to update EVERY TIME, we get the fact that you guys want it up top but everyone who had it up at the bottom already got it changed forever ago, just keep it on autoconfig.cfg
    Everyone can have their cake and eat it too in this way.

As for arrows sticking to shops, it's because they damage them.
    Personally never been a fan of this sort of resource counter too, but I guess I'll try it out.
    I prefer my counters to always tell me EXACTLY how much I have, not force me to do maths on the fly, this is WAR not Tennis.
    Could this be due to netcode changes?!
    Oh my, will have to play around :3c
    Cause I didn't exactly have that experience playing the Henries. (fuck you Lance!)
    Jump slash was a quite old way of basically 'noblock vaulting', no idea if intended to stay but probably indeed a bug due to momentum increase.

Ffffffff!!! Luigi! You are oldfag enough to know to -snip- quotes in your posts! *warned* ~fbb

5. Beo

Beo Bison Rider Tester

cool, more fixes ;)

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  6. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

I'm aware of that.
    I figured that the archer, being the range class that he is, shouldn't be able to destroy shops with arrows.
    Just imagine how silly it is, to be forced to push through several shops to get one enemy player. (I had a displeasure to experience that) Instead the focus should be on enemy players. He could use the dagger to destroy the shops though.

I know that in real life hiding behind shops would be a fair defence tactic, but let's face it, KAG isn't a reflection of reality.

Rayne, PainGiver, Raron and 1 other person like this.
  7. tur1sta

tur1sta Random snippet here ಠ__ಠ Donator

I just checked out wut the counter looks like and it's pretty cool seeing how it counts down to add on your resources but isn't too practical since you have to stop to know how many you have without doing the math.

My 2 cents.

Chrispin and Ej like this.
  8. palmito

palmito Shopkeep Stealer

Very Good ! :D

9. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Something I noticed in the few rounds I played: Jumping down at an enemy and slashing results in you getting pushed to your death.

SARGRA13 and Contrary like this.
  10. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Please don't report bugs in this topic, file a bug report at http://bugs.kag2d.com/ and give some good info on how to reproduce. We seriously dont have all (obvious) bugs in there. Please contribute.

11. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

this update is'nt about bug-fixes,
    its about bug-annihilation.

12. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

So, no Zombie Multiplayer yet?

~ockpii

13. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

To be honoust, I do prefer the old way of gathering and picking up stuff, without the delayed add. This makes it really confusing. But the bug fixes and spec mode are cool :)

14. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Yes, the fact that I can't see how much of something I have picked up while I am picking up is super confusing and kind of sucks. It looks cool, but is very impractical. Also, the change in pitch doesn't sound that great and, to be honest, wasn't needed because the sounds were quite varied. Sounds a bit weird, now, not good. Also, when I'm gathering materials, sometimes there's a hit that doesn't make any sounds.

Put sound pitch and material gathering counters the way they were, please?

~ockpii

killatron46, Neat, frayser and 2 others like this.
  15. frayser

frayser Bison Rider

Yeah, the counter is pretty, but it's in no way an improvement over the old one. I guess that showing how much you have harvested could be useful, but the "merge" effect is really impractical. Can you at least make it a setting in the config?

16. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Please change the counter back, it's not necessary to have it go "zoooooopppp!" to the final number right at the end. We need constant updates. There was no need to change this at all.

Cirom, Nixito, Chayeh and 2 others like this.
  17. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Maybe have the normal counter, but have the amount of bits you pick up pop up next to it like it does with this update. Then we get the prettiness, and the functionality! Everyone is happy!

Cirom likes this.
  18. PrisonMax

PrisonMax King Arthur's Cake Donator

I really hope we get the normal counter back, not really sure what the need for the new one was

19. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

Yes, new counter is pretty awful. Coupled with lag it is impossible to keep track of monies/bombs/arrows during fights. Exactly what was the motivation behind changing it?

Nixito likes this.
  20. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Although I'm not really a fan of the new resource counter AT ALL, on basically every other account, I <3 it. Seriously, the bug fixes makes it so I don't have to live in constant fear that I will randomly and violently explode after tossing a body, or be yet again crushed by a falling archer. Really. Awesome. (fix the counter with Zombie Fortress, m'kay? :D)

Now if you excuse me, I'll be continuing try to find all the new bugs that arrive along with this new build.