1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[360] Entombers..../termites.... what do you think

Discussion in 'Builder' started by PlasmaBunny, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Ye, i know strathos's tower, but this looks like a valid tactic.
    You should always connect your towers to others anyway.

2. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Make repairing and building take time.

Gives time to get them before they start tunneling too because they can't cocoon themselves.

Contrary likes this.
  3. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

And negatively affect the other aspects of building to? I believe this is a terrible idea.

Instead, I propose a buff to builders instead, allow them to destroy blocks a lot faster, this forces a strict interval towards entombing players that may run out of stone a lot faster as well as being a sitting duck to enemy builders. In addition by all means, it gives offensive builders a chance on the battlefield compared to other classes.

Froghead48 likes this.
  4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I'm all for speeding up destruction, but you see you can't fix entombing without slowing down building as well. Both building and repairing are essentially instantaneous, and to stop entombers destruction speed > building speed.

5. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

The concept behind valuable builder gameplay is the building speed, touching it would only open a larger source of balancing problems against the perks of other classes that will approach fairly quickly. If you speed up the destruction time you allow players to inherit a possibility to take out the entombers but if you speed up destruction time and slow down building time, you're not creating a balance but rather creating a mirrored image of what the scale is but in the opposite direction.

If it really does take a change to make builders have an ability to destroy blocks in 3-4 swings of a hammer, then I am up for it. However, I find it incredibly silly and unreasonable to jeopardize the other parts of the building aspect of KAG just to satisfy a condition regarding entombers.

6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Just slowing the repairs should force entombers into either a defensive war of attrition or a suicidal offensive.

So why muck around with building speeds, exactly?

7. Axeleration

Axeleration Catapult Fodder

How about it takes longer time to build the further you are from your base?
    It would somewhat fix the problem and at the same time would be quite logical (to imitate attrition that the sieging army takes more casualties when building up a fort).

8. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

A while a go people were making claims that the offensive side of the battlefield lacked weight on the balance scale, the last thing we want to do is discourage people from using offensive techniques as one of the ways to overthrow an enemy team is to build small fortresses at the front.

Chinizz likes this.
  9. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

I think a few of you undervalue the power of entombing.

First. There is no such thing as a cheap strategy. All strategies are valid. Abusing glitches IS cheap however.

Next, if even one guy is working on getting you out the enemy tower then you've come out on top, since both teams are spending equal amounts of time in the same place however the entomber is doing damage. The more people you distract as an entomber the better.

It is an incredibly powerful strategy against the right kind of tower, some of the tall towers with overhangs are too time consuming to ladder over which means entombing is a valid way to take down or create a path through the tower.

The more annoying a strategy is, generally speaking, the better it is.

Fellere825, Boxpipe, Hella and 7 others like this.
  10. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Good But Hard Counter : Find and use bedrock respectivly :)

:door::castle_bg::shad:
    :door::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::bedrock::dirt:
    :castle_wall::bedrock::dirt:
    :castle_wall::h_rock::dirt:
    :castle_wall::dirt::stone:

Bunnyboy likes this.
  11. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I very much support incremental REPAIRING
    Incremental building is shit, and would nerf the builder to nothing.
    3 out of 4, my linepieces already fail because a knight comes along, i dont want that to become 9999999999 out of 10000000000

BlueLuigi likes this.