1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fixes Galore

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

http://devlog.kag2d.com/post/21833158194/fixes-galore[/list]

2. Sooooo happy about this, can't wait to start playing full time again.

Heh, Rayne got banned.

3. Novatastic

Novatastic Catapult Fodder

There is Major Lag, Could you also Fix that?

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah sure I'll just move your computer closer to the servers you play on.

I'm going to work on some lag compensation stuff (likely initially by removing the current lag compensation stuff) at some point, but honestly the only way to get mostly lagless play is to play on low ping servers. Lag affects real time games to the degree where you literally cannot solve the problem in a way that suits everyone. We could slow down combat to say, 1 move per second (-> very low gameplay damage by latency for pings <500ms) but I think everyone would agree that that's a bad idea.

Cirom, Noburu, KnightGabe13 and 12 others like this.
  5. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Well, thank-you Geti and the whole team, personally I think this is the right direction, or are we heading in a viscous circle like smokers?

KAG: Stable --> Game addition --> Bugs --> No more focus on game additions only bug fixes --> stable ETC. ETC.
    Smoking: Smoke one --> Get more addicted --> Smoke more frequently --> Get more addicted ETC. ETC.

Also is shield bashing coming back, because I jump at someone with a shield and am like "God damn-it he jabbed me!" (Don't worry about this just get the BUGS!) Also I don't know if this is a glitch but for some reason our whole team (Sometimes less) will just suddenly re-spawn, and I don't think it is an admin because I don't see it come up in the chat bar.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 26, 2012 10:25 AM ---</br>
    But going on with that, and an issue you would know, is that a few builds ago everyones pings started getting jumpy and higher, I don't have the greatest internet, but I don't have a 133 ping on a server 100km's ago, when I used to have 0 (rarely) to 66 and sometimes 133 at peak hour.

6. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

it's good to see such a great game advancing in it's game play keep up to good work :thumbs_up:

GHOZT likes this.
  7. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

Btw, is the ability to convert broken enemy doors to your team color by repairing them intentional?
    If so, why did you decide it to be like that? Its just that team doors have become rather fragile in that regard.

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Don't worry, it's a bug.

GHOZT likes this.
  9. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Aw man, I almost didn't notice any bugs at all! It's good that they're being fixed if they're there, but man, 2 weeks :( I was so hoping for new features :p Oh well I can wait another month I guess :p

Can'twaitforoverworld

10. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Or two, or 6, or 12, even 24. Anything for the overworld. :P

Froghead48 and BoiiW like this.
  11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Door conversions are a bug? Jesus tits... Are you fucking kidding me?

12. MrJinkies

MrJinkies Horde Gibber

Not sure if anyone else has had a problem with this but was playing archer today fired 18 shots into a non sheilding knight not a single arrow registered any damage. Also Rayne told me you were working on a fix for sheild bashing this true?

cykalu likes this.
  13. Machinista

Machinista Shopkeep Stealer

Man, I just want co-op zombies sorted. Not a helpful comment I know, but that is what I want to play.

Cheers for the feedback though Geti.

14. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

Ironically now I'm even more worried on how did they even manage to make that happen. :huh?:

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  15. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

I appreciate you guys actually listening to folks not liking the resource counter. Says a lot about the team.

The only thing I would love to see back to its previous form is the sound engine in the way it changes the pitch of certain sounds. This truly doesn't add much because the sounds themselves are very well made and chosen and fit perfectly as it. I love them. It gets a bit distracting after knowing exactly how they sound and listen to them being forcefully pitched up/down.

Just a small request...

~ockpii

16. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I am a big fan of the the fixes regarding the banning system. I wasn't aware about some of the glitches involved with banning and thought I was doing something wrong, nice to know that this was not the case.

Should make the process of monitoring the servers so much easier!

Thanks so much for your hard work you guys! I'm feeling very good about the upcoming month.

Froghead48 likes this.
  17. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Yay!!!!!! Moar Bug Fixes :D
    i just wish* the custom teams had there custom doors :3

GHOZT likes this.
  18. EstebanLB

EstebanLB Shipwright

And what about the bug that refills/resets the catapult's load with 120 stone everytime a bomb is loaded?

19. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

[​IMG]

...how on earth?

GHOZT and Froghead48 like this.
  20. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's on the to-do list. With around 100 other bugs, if you are wondering if other things that bug you are on the list, please check https://bugs.kag2d.com/view_all_bug_page.php and do a search. Log in with your KAG account and report the bug if it's not there yet.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.