1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What's your favourite tv show?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GH, Mar 4, 2012.

?

What's your favourite TV show?

1. My little pony: friendship is magic

19 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. The big bang theory

15 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. The simpsons

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. True blood

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Family guy

11 vote(s)
    12.0%
  6. Southpark

15 vote(s)
    16.3%
  7. Mythbusters

17 vote(s)
    18.5%
  8. Extreme survivial (with bear grylls)

19 vote(s)
    20.7%
  9. Others......

52 vote(s)
    56.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

i voted myth busters lol

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The two absolutely worst shows to pick from are the ones with 6 choices each.

I truly hope those people don't have those overlapping tastes, that would be a terrible person.

3. Chayeh

Chayeh Shopkeep Stealer

Guys, use this more as a thread to recommend T.V and find shows then to vote for your favorite one. I watch a good amount so if you need me to recommend some I will

4. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

What Chayeh said.

These threads always immediately devolve into lists, with no discussion what so ever. At least talk about why you like it.

Contrary likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

Suggest something, based on these:
    Dexter, House, A Game of Thrones.

6. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

I really liked M*A*S*H when I still watched it on the History Channel. Fairly old, but still quite polished.

Ej likes this.
  7. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

[​IMG]

Templar_Frost likes this.
  8. Try The Walking Dead, even though the second season is not described as good the first is really great. You should be happy with this show because it's still kinda shallow and Hollywood but not stupid as majority of TV series.

The pilot didn't even impress me. It killed me with awesomeness of it.

9. BlueLuigi

I'll check it out.

Also how many people here can suggest The Wire? I've still yet to watch it, a few people have told me it's the epitome of godliness in TV, but I've only heard from a few of them who've watched it so :P

SirDangalang likes this.
  10. Chayeh

Chayeh Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, it's the best show to ever air on television imo, and along with The Sopranos and Deadwood it makes up the holy trinity of tele.

Also don't watch the walking dead it's not very good, though going by your tastes Luigi I guess you don't really mind.

Spartacus on Starz maybe, like Game of Thrones it's a fairly pulpy show that doesn't have a ton of depth(though a good amount for what it is and) A lot more penis than GoT though ;). If you wanna watch it you're going to have to stick though the bad episodes first which make up the first four episodes of the first season Spartacus: Blood and sand. The pilot is terrible, the second episode just bad, and the third and fourth episodes ok. But by the fifth episode it becomes incredibly awesome. Their is a prequel series called Gods of the Arena and a second season called Vengeance that just finished airing. Watch the prequel and then the second season which are both great.

I forget if it's still on netflix, because starz ended their contract with netflix early 2011, so you'd have to look for it. If it's not on their just buy the DVDs or Blu-rays. Or you could watch it for free if you don't have morals, but don't do that.

11. BlueLuigi

Hohoho, what a pot shot.

That was only a small taste of what I watch, I don't watch anything faithfully, and really most TV (read:all of it) is shit, but could use something to fill my time similar to those things.

12. Chayeh

Chayeh Shopkeep Stealer

I just edited my post, so read it again

13. BlueLuigi

Watched Spartacus already, was amazing, waiting for the perhaps third season. :<

Chayeh likes this.
  14. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

ToxicArcher likes this.
  15. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

Adventure time
    Mythbusters
    Regular Show
    Impractical Jokers
    Monk
    CSI: Miami
    World's Dumbest
    Happy Tree Friends (look it up on youtube)
    1000 ways to die
    South Park
    Futurama

And this certain T.V show involving ponies...

16. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

By pony, you mean Metalocalypse, SuperJail, or... MLP : FiM?

17. Chayeh

Chayeh Shopkeep Stealer

He means Adventure Time again
    [​IMG]

Chinizz likes this.
  18. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

Have you watched Rome? It only ran for two seasons and the second one is rushed as hell, but it is really good regardless. You will feel like the two main characters are your bros by the end. Shame on HBO for cancelling it, they even admitted they were sad they did, since it was so highly rated.

And as for the Wire, heard lots of good things about it, but I can't be assed to get into a drama right now.

Contrary likes this.
  19. Chayeh

Chayeh Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, that was back when they still canceled things. Shame about Deadwood, Carnivale, and Rome

20. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

Archer
    Breaking Bad
    Superjail

EDIT:
    I'm too lazy to give my own short summaries, so I'll copy and paste some.

Breaking Bad and Superjail aren't in spoiler tags because it was getting split into four spoilers for each instead of one.

Archer is an animated, half-hour comedy set at the International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS), a spy agency where espionage and global crises are merely opportunities for its highly trained employees to confuse, undermine, betray and royally mess up together.

Breaking Bad - Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) stars in this drama focused on a mid-life crisis gone bad for an underachieving high school chemistry teacher who becomes a drug dealer after he discovers that he has lung cancer. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to gain financial security for his family, Walter White joins forces with an old student, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), in a quest that follows their entry into a dangerous world of drugs and crime.[/spoiler]

Superjail - Superjail is an "Adult Swim" cartoon detailing the adventures of a rather strange and eccentric jail, its warden, and its inmates.

The majority of Superjail! is set inside the eponymous prison. Externally, Superjail is built inside a volcano which is itself located in a larger volcano. Internally, it seems to constitute its own reality, where the fabric of time and space is extremely fluid and changes at the whim of the Warden. Superjail's inmate population is stated by Jared to be in excess of 70,000, although the show's creators mention that the jail processes "billions of inmates".

Mods: BlueLuigi