1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428]Bait Trap

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Ghozt, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

This trap was not created by me, all credit goes to Force. (He gave me the rights to share this with the community)

This trap works effectively if the builder is patient and invisible. While observing what he (force) was doing, he dug a small tunnel and then placed a notched wall on the side of the void. Then placed a trap bridge and damaged it so it was neutral.

Once an unsuspecting knight jumped thinking that there was a free vantage point, he hit the block and bye bye went the knight.

No matter how many times knights, builders and archers fell for this they still kept trying, he would have killed over 20 units in one match. This would also work with a small 3x3 pit next to a notch tower.

Screen shot 2012-07-06 at 5.07.23 PM.png

2. CoD

CoD Haxor

That was an incredibly funny game. Another way to do that would be to power slash them, so you get the kill.

short_round likes this.
  3. FG

FG Fran Donator

oh that trap...the one that killed me 4 times in a row. C:
    i remember him putting some spikes below the trap so that you don't fall slowly down the gap instead you die once you hit them.

:castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :bridge::door:
    :spikes_bg::dirt:
    :castle_bg::dirt:

Force likes this.
  4. CoD

CoD Haxor

That was hilarious, you don't learn, do you frank?

short_round likes this.
  5. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

I like it. Cool idea. I think it'd be nice to impliment on a forward tower next to an inescapable spike pit or something of the sorts.

Here is a design I came up with.

Tricktower.png

Nice solid offensive tower. Destroying the team bridge results in the enemy falling into a Shredder style spike pit, instantly killing them. In this design, you may still place a surprise spike on the red square as per a lot of my designs. This is mainly a failsafe in case your trap is disabled one way or another. The team bridge to the left of the pit is for vaulting over the trap in case a bomb disables or breaks the bridges. I generally shy away from pit traps, but this is an incredibly potent design. The tower itself is completely repairable from safety. Simply push against the team door in the green square and repair the internal blocks. The team bridges at the bottom create darkness. Simple stuff.

I have a series of fully repairable tower coming out soon. Be sure to keep an eye out for them.

EDIT: Make sure you add in some backwall on the outside of the door furthest to the right, as all these types of towers have a tendency to be bomb weak. Also fixed trap.

6. CoD

CoD Haxor

Make it more team safe by adding trap bridges in the notches.

short_round likes this.
  7. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

@Guro, I had faintly said something like that in the OP, but yes that would work great.

EDIT:
    Code:
    This would also work with a small 3x3 pit next to a notch tower.

8. Guro

9. FG

FG Fran Donator

it was either get shield bashed into the bottom of the map or jump on the broken bridge C:

:castle_bg::castle_bg::door::door::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::bridge::bridge::door: - what about this design ? imagine the bridges broken twice and the builder sitting behind the
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    door waiting for a knight to climb up it and then break the bridge when the knight is almost at the top.

10. Guro

Yeah I read that. My post was simply how I'd go about designing a tower that utilizes that particular trap.

Aladdinsane, Force and Ghozt like this.
  11. Force

Force Shark Slayer

But would it be as effective? If the knight somehow makes it through the door then what?
    </br>--- merged: Jul 6, 2012 9:56 AM ---</br>
    Its more effective if you put the neutral bridge under your teams trap bridge.

12. Guro

I changed the team bridge placement so I could add a surprise spike diagonally upwards. It's a technique I use on most of my forward buildings. You can read more about stuff like that HERE.

Aladdinsane likes this.
  13. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Yes thats a good technique, very effective.

14. CoD

CoD Haxor

You can slash them off the bridge via that one block hole.

short_round likes this.
  15. FG

FG Fran Donator

what about this one?

:castle_bg::door:
    :bridge::castle_wall: - imagine the bridge broken again.
    :bridge::dirt: there would be room for a knight to slash at the enemy from underneath.

16. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

This would be bad since the enemy would be less likely to jump across knowing you can come from under them, the main point is to make it seem like they have the advantage, and then kill them for there ignorance.

Guro likes this.
  17. FG

FG Fran Donator

:castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :bridge::bridge::door:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::door:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::door: break the door on top to stop knights from slashing at your team door. and ignore the backwall
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

18. Derschlact

Derschlact FIRE AT WILL! Donator

Oh, god, I was victim to this trap more than once...
    Damn you Force

Force likes this.
  19. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

its not even that hard to fall for it.
    but you gotta be pretty stupid to fall for it twice.

20. Guro

I think you're overestimating the average intelligence/game sense of a lot of new players. People run like lemmings into the same basic trap all day erry day. I've been in matches where I'd wager that if you were to add all the IQs of the opposing team together, the resulting number would be below room temperature where I live.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. Regardless, we just educate these people with glorious forum wisdom. Shame that few of the shitty players use the forums yo.

One, Hella and Ghozt like this.