1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Steak to the Face

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Spec7, Nov 14, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Spec7

Spec7 Tree Planter

After defeating the Bison (for example) how about making use of meat as obstruction to one's view by tossing it to the enemy's head/ face. Once succeeded it'll create blood spurts on the person's screen where it'll fade away by 3-5 seconds. The session immediate disappears if they get into the body of water soaking their head.

The steak toss only target one person, no damage, one use. An uncooked meat will serve as a momentarily distraction to one's view after the blood get into enemy eyes. Perhaps staining the map from sight temporarily would correspond to the effect nicely.

Impractical but an alternative diversion from cooking.

Ratka likes this.
  2. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Shark Slayer

Sounds very funny and useful, this would be nice for sharks too as they drop a hefty amount of meat yet no-one uses them as we have burgers that are automatically produced at a bakery.

3. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

i like how "burgers" give health back.... game logic ;)

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  4. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Shark Slayer

I like how burgers actually exist in the KAG realm.

5. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Not really a feature that any one needs.

6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Who doesn't put a shitton of burgers / steaks in their inventory for maximum health in a fight? Throwing them is pretty much just wasting them.

Apronymous likes this.
  7. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

They shall call me Steak Man, and I shall deliver beefy justice to all. Not really a need for it, as Josh stated, but the same can be said for things like water bombs or buckets. It is an interesting idea and I quite like it.

8. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

My first thought about this, is that it would probably be pretty annoying. Waterammo isn't that bad, seeing as it does not actually obstruct a part of your screen, but rather stun you. Personally, I'm okay with such effects in first person 3D games, but when you move to 3rd person, particularly 2D, it just does not fit. Not only is it disturbing, but I personally find it quite odd and hideous. The effect is often in games to add a layer of realism, but I find it to be the opposite in 2D retro-inspired games like KAG. Also, it could be spammed, but seeing as it is a one-time use item, that would probably not pose a great problem. However, I could agree to adding a little stun effect or whatnot.
    • From a logical standpoint, a 3rd person would not actually be affected by blood splurts in eyes. This could also be applied to water ammo (the little watery effect)
    [​IMG]
    Probably would be somthing like this. Looking back, it might not look all that bad, but we would probably have to alter it to fit with the style of KAG. A pixelated bloodscreen does not usually look that appealing though. Again, this is a FPS, so it fits better.
    • It could work if we were to implement something similar to water ammo where the effect does not last long, but the stun does.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
Mods: Rainbows