1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] Spike Ready Tree

Discussion in 'Builder' started by 101i, Nov 6, 2014.

1. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Spike Tree

Overview
    Builders who plan to impale you with spikes aren't the sneakiest buggers, until now... The Spike Tree has 1 purpose, hiding the back wall from the enemy which creates a very sneaky and annoying surprise when the enemy knights try to terrorize your friendly builders going about their work digging their stone, placing some blocks, you know - builder things.

Reproducing

Step 1
    KAG 2014-11-06 18-37-53-77.jpg
    Plant a seed
    Tip; find somewhere that isn't too far from your base, you might need to retreat if you miss with the spike.

Step 2

KAG 2014-11-06 18-38-02-19.jpg Create a back wall behind the tree.
    Tip; Don't make it too high or else it will stick out and your trap will be foiled.

Step 3

KAG 2014-11-06 18-44-53-52.jpg
    Wait for your tree too grow.
    Tip; Make sure your teammates know not to mine this tree, that will reveal your tricks.

Step 4
    KAG 2014-11-06 18-45-17-96.jpg
    Wait for an blood driven foul knight comes past, and let rip with your spikes!
    Tip; Make sure the knight you kill isn't on the same team as you, if he is, I hope you get kicked asshole.

Pros and Cons

+Cheap
    +Hidden
    +Effective

-No cover if you miss
    -Easily destroyed

---
    Cheers @kittycity, the original creator of this trap (as far as I'm aware).​

2. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Posting this on steam, leave some feedback please!

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Why not put a ladder inside the tree and become invincible?

:thumbs_up:

4. Alaiscool

Alaiscool Arsonist

I think you can put blocks or backwall behind the bushes of the bushy tree to extend the reach of the spike, not sure about pine trees though. Simple but great design!