1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is the Community Still Alive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dangertank44, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Tell that to the classicfags

2. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

NO
    This is the cancerous heritage of the devilish early access dogma and I strongly disagree with it. Most indie games nowadays exist in a flow of updates and """""devlogs""" that is designed to never end or at least take forever to finish (although exceptions do exist). Also the devs do update this game: they update technical stuff, they balance gameplay stuff and they add new stuff too sometimes just like mechanisms or achievements. I think its shit that "updating" a game means to put it in a limbo where every week theres an "update" consisting on one new sprite, one new weapon, one new biome, etc etc

Eg: I bought Starbound before it was """early access""" (notice the irony of this) because of a friend and now I can't stand that dev team its just pure cancer and also another reason I dislike them is because they are so entitled and highbrow while their games are objectively lacking and they sold a good idea that they are not living up to now.

Yeah so that's what I think; community will be dead when there is no modders, no servers, no players or no forums.
    :heart::heart::heart:

Geti, Osmal and bru-jaz like this.
  3. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

It's smaller fo sure. Not really a big issue though since KAG has had a good run -it isn't completely dead and atm it seems like you can always expect a full server or two.

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The game was never abandoned by the devs or by the players (the game has been in development for around 5 years now). The playerbase is small, but dedicated.
    In my opinion, making features every month or so makes the game, at first, less stable; but hey, you have several mods, and you're given several tools tomake yours. They managed to make something as simple, fun, entertaining and complex as a sport: you will never get tired of playing 5v5 basketball matches despite you don't get new rules, new balls or new modes.

Geti, blackjoker77777 and Auburn like this.
  5. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

says the betafag

Yagger and Pirate-Rob like this.
  6. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

Well I have crazy respect for Geti as a developer. I didn't want to see big game changing updates when I was playing. It was the little balance tweaks that made huge differences in how the game was played and it kept the game super fresh for me. I paid like 10 bucks or something for this game back in beta and I dabbled. I came back with release and it was totally fucking different, but so fucking good, and for me, it just got better and better. Shit I'm rambling but @Geti I feel like I owe you money or something

blackjoker77777, Geti and toffie0 like this.