1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Role-Playing Server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by VanHuek, Aug 5, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea and would you like it put into action?

1. Yes

90.7%
  2. No

9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I'd think it would be good to put dirt walls behind the base of the towers. The given dwarf fortress and ork cave systems are un-grief-able (to an extend, by that I mean they can't be collapsed), and the humans have easy access to stone. This would make it still possible (I don't want the dirt walls to reach to the sky, but a bit of a ways up so you cant just encase and knock out the bottom) to destroy it, similar to humans, but it would take longer and be more difficult (also a lowly single knight couldn't do the deed). I'm also strongly against it being allowed to destroy any races main structures and spawns (mostly because of the humans and especially elves disadvantage), but maybe that's just me (shops are of course up for grabs). Another solution would be to give doors to elves instead of dwarves, but that can be... messy.

2. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Yeah but, ping kicks usually fix my ping (for whatever reason), its just that, the delay between when I get kicked and when I can comeback is too big, You know what can happen in 10 minutes on this server, and as I play a peacekeeper of sorts things get kind of... well wars start.

Well, what do I have to do to get ViP?

3. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Vanhuek I just want to be an admin because its just fun and I like roleplaying and Id like to make peoples sessions more enjoyable.

4. TheCrusader

TheCrusader Shopkeep Stealer

You need to donate to get VIP, but you probably could get it without paying if you were trusted enough.
    Stop making suggestions that involve doors, changing classes, shops, placable blocks etc, the reason the server is the same is because they can't add this stuff without a lot of trial and error until the scripting update is out!
    You need to be trusted before you can be a VIP, or an admin. However, I don't know whether Van accepts random people he doesn't know to be admins or VIPs. (If you do make people admins then don't post people being an admin here, people will go crazy!)

5. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

VIPs for ping kick require about £3 donation which is about $5. Also admins are reserved go trusted people and I an holiday so I have not ee able to meet anyone. We do plan on making more level admins and temporary faction seclevs for kings etc...

6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

why not make the background blocks for elves dirt backwall?
    I dunno if its possible to mod that though....

7. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

8. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

@ Gofio, a good way to make elves stronger would be to make them have a "better" pre-made base, The Dwarves have their massive cave complex without much work and the Orcs have that weird Dungeon that's in the mountain, Humans are "well-endowed" enough to make due without a pre made structure, but as Elves are the weakest race, perhaps some kind of stronghold might be placed in the forest to give them a chance?

9. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

it will probably be easier once elves are the only ones that can climb trees....
    </br>--- merged: Aug 21, 2012 12:54 PM ---</br>
    why? it just makes sure the building doesnt collapse.
    its not like anyone is interested in war with the elves,
    so it wont affect gameplay.
    it will just stop griefers.

10. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Yeah they should just change the builder_blocks specifically for the elves and add that for however many resources they want it to cost.

11. builder321

builder321 Shipwright

i know most of the times im banned for good reason but just then me and danger were having fun:( please listen to the person im actually killing next timeX3 he even said it himself... :bison: :migrant:

12. Jirachi

Jirachi Catapult Fodder

How should I start? This server is horrible and great in it's own way. It's great because it opens up a whole new world for people to fiddle around in, it's lovely. The scenery fits each race perfectly. It's horrible because there's always no admins on, and your so called trusted admins are literal douchebags who don't even try to fix what's wrong. The people in the server don't use OOC //(( tags and just talk whenever. People random kill everything, and switch to your team to grief, and then switch back. The only good experience I had in this server was a brief 1 hour relaxation period in which ended with a griefer being lololololo-tastic and umad all over the spawn point, which had a dwarven base on it. This server sucks because of this. It's hard to have individual spawn points without different colored tents, I agree, I'd rather wait to update the server with the script update. If there's a time when everyone roleplays correctly, you guys can PM me and I'll join right in. Other than that, the need to be on this server and have fun is at a low for me, and for others. Your administrators need shaping up and need to actually moderate the server.

xChapx likes this.
  13. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I am reporting Viking176 and Rockmin for killing and breaking stuff for no reason. They are Orcs, coming out in the day, killing people and taking the CORPSE stating it's their food. I really doubt that is a legit reason to random kill. They are still doing it.

14. Viking176

Viking176 Shipwright

In my defence i tried to just state reasons to stay inside to the other orcs, Saying the SUN BURNS get back!, and others.
    I had no part in breaking ANYTHING just taking a corpse after i said i needed food and made it really OBVIOUS. I was trying to see how it would pan out, seeing how it was late and only had about 5 people in it when better a time? And really, NO orcs EVER follow the sun rule but i tried to enforce it thiamor so what is there to complain.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  15. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well the fact that Rocmin was going in and killing and we stated that 4 or 5 times.

16. Viking176

Viking176 Shipwright

I realized this but i didnt think it was THAT Bad, i know this sounds wrong, but i thought you meant it by he killed you like once

17. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

The orcs are always going on some rampage, then back-stab their allies, even when they know they can't win, it's a just a tad ridiculous.

18. I think the original post should insinuate the fact that despite the RP having various tones of high-fantasy, no other stereotype exists. Meaning, Orcs are not 'I KILL YOU!'-ish or instant-warlike...Elves are not immortal (unless stated otherwise), Dwarves are not always cynical hermits...Those types of stereotypes in common modern fantasy.

So people will know what theme we're following here.

OR...due to recent events, let's make those facts canon, eh?
    > The Orcish race have grown increasingly rowdy and hostile in their relations towards the other three; while it is untrue that orcs are inherently hostile, it seems that the birth and spread of [THE CORRUPTION] has gained a foothold on one of the more motley civilizations. Distrust spreads among the other three factions.

> The Council of the World (Ye admins and coder) have been deliberating on the status of the realm, and many new mandates are to be enacted in the coming months. Several laws are to be rewritten or abolished outright, causing a rift in the working classes and soldiers. Gossip spreads about the satisfaction of the people, and tales of riots by unsatisfied citizens are widespread.

> Wars and rumors of wars have unhinged society in general -- making no distinction between race or specie. Lawlessness, without the proclamation of rulers and peacekeepers has lead to mass dissent in the common-folk. Bandits are now a common sight along the highways and wildernesses of the realm.

:p

delankski and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  19. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well should make it where Elves don't have leaders. They have Elders who aren't true LEADERS. Should force it so Orcs HAVE to come out at night. There anyway to code it for that class only, that if they come out when there is light out, they start to lose health? Sort of like being in water.

Also one thing people always say I'm lying about, is the lore about Dwarves. They are meant to be intelligent. good with making weapons and bases. Elves should only defend, as in lore, that is what they do. Humans being the most balanced of them all. Shouldn't be strong, but shouldn't be weak. not too fast, not too slow, and can be neutral to any side.

Gofio likes this.
  20. kuulness

kuulness Tree Planter

Thiamor, humans are balanced so i dont know what your talking about.

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.