1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Accepted "Rost" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Hmm, a water map or a rat map? Jokes aside, it's a decent map. The flags are very far from spawn, the stone should probably be a bit more visible and in less patchy veins. The bedrock is good, although I don't know how I feel about being able to flood the bottom section. As always, lake maps have never worked, especially deep ones, so there's that glaring issue. The dirt backwall under mid and the bedrock spikes with dirt make for some very easily locked down chokes that aren't easy to dislodge. You tend to have a trend with your maps of "do I think pubs would want to play it? yes. would I or any other decent player? no"

3. Ferrezinhre

Rost-cavewaterlevel.png
    You can flood only small part of bottom section, every map need few choke points that will leads to direct confrontation not just where flags are. Stone is visible, and for last line, I little care about community preferences, decent players.. phew.

4. mehwaffle10

I'm aware you can't full flood, plus it's a fair amount of effort and you need mid control to do it. I'd want to hear what magmus has to say about it, another suggestion may be add more backwall higher up in the water so that you can push across the top a bit more easily. It's interesting that the rat tunnel would put you between the enemy spawn and the flag rather than in front of flag, makes it a bit stronger I guess

5. Ferrezinhre

Rost.png
    less patchy stone, and little dirt backwall changes.

6. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I like the bedrock placement alot, its different from what we have. Flooding is a small area for such a hard work it may not be effective most of the times, so Im fine with it. I think we could use a bit more dirt below to block part of the way, so its not a simple open tunnel to have a race on what team reach the other side first. The tunnel leaving between flag and tent is really interesting, could be better or worse depending on how the team builds, its a cool place imo.

Tl;dr: I kinda like it, tunnel below could be more obstructed by dirt imo, tunnel placement is kinda cool, flooding is hard to do and not much reward for it so its ok.
    I would give it a chance

7. Ferrezinhre

Rost.png
    so bit more dirt.

Magmus likes this.
  8. mehwaffle10

I'm for trying it, but we'll definitely need to keep an eye on it and probably poke for naval buffs lol (at least removing the gold cost on naval shops)

Magmus likes this.
  9. Ferrezinhre

I guees I can accept it then.

mehwaffle10 and Magmus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.