1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Shiprekt mod not being updated

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by daskew87, May 1, 2016.

1. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Heya,

I have recently started to mod Strathos and Chrispins shiprekt, with permission.

I am only able to mod simple things but I have been having fun making what I think are good balances to the game.

The issue I am having is for some reason since yesterday any of the files inside of /Mods/Shiprekt+v11.42/Entities/Block cannot be changed. I make the changes in for example the flak.as file and it saves and the file appears to be changed. But when I restart my server after the saves the change does not come up in-game. One of the changes is I wish to change the ammo of the flak cannon from 8 to 6.

A file that does change

One point I think is interesting is that I am able to change things in this file:

/Mods/Shiprekt+v11.42/Settings/SHRKTVars.cfg

And the changes can be seen in-game

• What the heck is happening, and how do I fix it?

Thankyou

I have attached the mod.

Attached Files:

epsilon likes this.
  2. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

If you are hosting on a machine that is not you computer, you will have to restart the client after every change.
    At least this happened to me when I was working on KABA
    Good Luck

3. daskew87

Thankyou but I was restarting the client.

Need help! ::(:

epsilon likes this.
  4. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Are you making the changes while the server is running? To eliminate all the problems, stop the server, edit the file, start the server, delete your mods on your client PC and start the client, connect to server.

Alternatively, reload the scripts using rcon if you modify it while it is running, but I would recommend the first option.

5. daskew87

I shall try this.

But do you know why when I payed for an additional server and put the (edited how I want) mod onto it with the changes made already, it loaded the previous changes even though that server had no history of the previous changes?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2016, Original Post Date: May 3, 2016 ---
    Okay I did everything you said to the letter and the file still hasn't been changed, the ammo of the flak cannon remains at 8.

What the heck?

epsilon likes this.
  6. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Could be loading from your clients files. You could have uploaded an older version. If you literally copied the server configs, try deleting your cache on the server side as well.

EDIT: close down all your word editors and stuff, reload all the files you're editing. Confirm you have write permission to the directory you're trying to edit the file from.

7. daskew87

After I did what you said in your previous post I checked my clients flak.as file and it says 10 ammo. So the servers file says 6 ammo, my clients says 10 ammo but in-game it gives 8 ammo.

My client and the server do not say the same thing even tho my client downloaded the server's version. (I deleted my client's version before also).

epsilon likes this.
  8. kaizokuroof

Who are you hosting with? Is it on a Linux or Windows platform? Are you closing down the client when deleting the mod folder from KAG/Mods? When I say closing down, I mean completely, not just to the main menu, as KAG caches some files on login.

It sounds like your server may not be stopping fully before making your changes. Maybe try to exaggerate each step, waiting say 2 mins after server shutdown before modifying the Mods folder. Also same with the client.

Can you also attach both your client and console logs (make sure you label each as client and server so I know).

Also make sure there is no additional Shiprekt folder inside your mods folder as one is downloaded upon server update. (The original one/default one called "Shiprekt".

9. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

Also, if people joining your server have played the older version of the mod before, they will have the old files. To fix this, rename the mod to something like Shiprekt-daskedit so they redownload everything

10. daskew87

Heya guys none of the solutions offered here worked for it. I believe this is some very odd problem that would take someone to actually go through the mod to see what's happening. But thankyou all for trying to help.

I have a request tho!

Could someone please send me a version of shiprekt plus so I can start from scratch with it? Don't send me a version I've been altering please.

REQUEST: SEND ME A FRESH SHIPREKT PLUS MOD!!!

::):

epsilon likes this.
  11. kaizokuroof

You still haven't attached your logs, they really could help a whole lot, you can see if there are duplicate scripts etc.