1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Traps are really pointless if you think about it...

Discussion in 'Builder' started by amgtree, Mar 8, 2015.

1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Traps that are underground are useless and a waste of time imo. Any blocks being dug are a lot of time wasted that could've been spent on placing blocks.

2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Traps are actually more useful than you think. When an enemy approaches a trap, that trap is a place that they can't go without dying, thus, limiting their mobility. If you're engaging enemies near a friendly trap, it's also pretty easy to get slashed into one, finishing you off.

ThE_HeRo likes this.
  3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

[​IMG]

8x likes this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

A lot of traps just interact poorly with any explosive however and can either be disabled by only a few, or can be even turned against your team with a few, at worst case some can create an easier way into the base by such methods.

A good example is the one Jackard just posted, if that wasn't bedrock and was stone, a good keg could cause mayhem there.

SirDangalang, Pizza and heX_ like this.
  5. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Yea, but a keg could still allow them to set up shop there

edit:
    Actually a enemy builder could jump down there, block the 2 wide gap above the stone doors, and mine the spikes out. So 1 builder could easily destroy this trap and make a home out of it

6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

amgtree, you dont seem to realize that all traps are impractical and easy to disarm, so "oh this would be so easy to break" is not ever worth mentioning

8x likes this.
  7. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

What I meant is that this trap could be still turned against your team. I know they can't really get past the bedrock, but it can be made into a little builder base.

If I was just going to mention how it can be easily disarmed I would of said something along the lines of a builder running up and spamming wood blocks everywhere.

8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

thats exactly what happened too

again - every trap is like that, making them is always stupid and never worth your time or effort, unless its funny

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  9. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

That's not entirely true. the one you posted uses way too many trap blocks which is just dangerous. Always use as few trap blocks as possible imo (it's a waste of stone as well as being a liability. A good trap can be dismantled fairly easily when it had been rendered useless. Also there's almost never a reason to chain trap blocks together with no spacing between them.

Corpsey and blackjoker77777 like this.
  10. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Lol thanks for the info sir, I was unaware

[​IMG]

11. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Ah, you're one of THOSE people.

12. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

If you had been paying the slightest bit of attention to the thread you would have already known none of this is intended for serious critique because all traps are inherently retarded badmoves

too much stone? laffo who the fuck cares

traps have been useless ever since we stopped playing classic, welcome to the conversation

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    AmestriStephen and Blue_Tiger like this.
  13. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I'm going to refer you to my post prior to this one and leave it at that. :rollseyes:

14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

So I guess the real conversation should be how to make traps useful, or what mechanics would need to be added/changed to do so.

Then we can have a long discussion about why it's not worth it and no one cares.

sj67 likes this.
  15. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

what if traps sort of sucked up players like vacuum when they got close. I'm sure there can be a way to balance it.

ParaLogia likes this.
  16. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

remove knight gliding, bomb arrows, kegs, and disabling enemy objects

17. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Just remove the knight's ability to get a glide boost off of trap blocks. You can literally float across a chasm bridged only by enemy trap blocks.

18. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

[​IMG]

#neverusetrapblocks #traps4pros #stupidthreads

Jackard likes this.
  19. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

all I see in that picture are knights getting past this "trap"
    or I just don't get the joke

TBA_LordKnight likes this.
  20. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

It's not a joke. The trap was super effective! And that knight who past it was bomb jumping and got support with an arrow ladder. I got many kills and it was a glorious moment, "snrfl". :QQ:

Blue_Tiger likes this.