1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action! Unlimited

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. miketh2005

miketh2005 Arsonist

I mean/meant no disrespect by saying you had put words in my mouth. I can see how it is easy to confuse the two phrases. You said that I had said:
    When I said no such thing (and I wouldn't say it). I'm sorry I have to spell this out, but again I can see how you could be confused.

Blowing is only something a man can receive.
    Eating out is only something a girl can receive.

The two slang phases are not interchangeable for gender. So what I actually said was:

Which are oxymoron jokes (it doesn't make sense). The idea came to me when listening to Radioactive by Imagine Dragons (http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=eu-xFvLaE68, It's really good) on repeat while playing KAG (I noticed it made my play better for some reason). The lyrics go like "Enough to make my systems blow" which sounded like "Enough to make my sister blow" to a friend of mine. I thought it was hilarious (because you CAN'T "blow" your "sister") and we were both laughing over it, so I thought it would be a good joke. At first glance it could look like incest, but upon further comprehension you realize that it doesn't make sense (and therefore it's not really incest). You (and I guess the other admins) just didn't make it to the second step. =( Maybe you guys didn't realize I was joking and didn't think about it any further, and with such a fast-paced game such as KAG, I suppose it is easy to mis-comprehend. I guess these kind of jokes aren't suited for a fast-paced multiplayer game.

The log also shows that I wasn't warned or frozen to explain what happened (like you had said I was warned).

When Radpipe said this:

I truly thought he was just joking and playing around with me. Eg.
    I had also just killed him (adding to the ambiguity), and that's not really a warning.

Like I said, had I been warned or frozen, I would not have continued any further. A stupid joke isn't worth a ban from my favorite game. But, like I said before, I didn't even think I was in threat of being banned, and even when I was kicked I thought it was still a joke. (an admin had did this to me before where he kicked me and let me back in, he was just playing around, in both KAG and Soldat, and I had did it myself when I was admin on my server back in the old days of Soldat)

TL;DR A friend hinted at the potential for a joke and being the humorous guy that I am that likes to try jokes, I tried it, it went sour, and I got banned. :(

I suppose I should have tried an oxymoron joke about Swastikas ([23:12:42] <xCUBE Radpipe> Alright, I need to make some swastikas) or Zoophilia (man penetrating turtle, post #117) which don't seem like bannable offenses? I'm just wondering because to me, I don't know how my joke can be any worse than the above jokes. Just like Radpipe isn't a Nazi, and Hallic doesn't fuck animals, I don't condone incest....

Again, I'm really sorry.

2. Hrm, when I said "Miketh, you're a horrible person, and you should go kill yourself" I was joking ;~;

Lancelotz likes this.
  3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Hey, bestiality is best, Miketh. Bestiality is best.

4. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

I like how mikethe2005 is having to be wishy washy and apologetic for making puerile incest jokes when the admins regularly say "nigger" and in one exchange I can vividly recall from a few days ago two admins (Beef and one of the Pipes) had a nice little chat about how asian people are like mosquitoes, except "mosquitoes can fly". And this isn't even to mention Radpipe's persistent conviction in the humor of Nazi symbolism. (For all I know it could be a genuinely morbid fascination with Nazism.)

Mikethe2005 is a timid dolt but not much more can be said of the people who administrate this server. Albeit expectations would never be high for a group of twentysomethings and teenagers.

Andr01d likes this.
  5. Andr01d

Andr01d Haxor

Where did the server go? :(

neil_v likes this.
  6. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

This is basically what you're trying to argue.

EDIT: Oh, and if you don't like the admins or the players on the server... logically, one would think you'd just not play on it, eh? :)

7. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Then we should ban miketh2005, radpipe, hellic, for offenseive lanuage :).

8. miketh2005

miketh2005 Arsonist

I actually said on the old thread to a guy who thought he was unfairly banned that you have to be humble and even if you were unfairly banned, take it like a man and apologize if you want to be unbanned.

Being manly isn't about being defiant when wrongly convicted. My Dad grew up during during the race riots and was wrongly sent to jail. He could have swore to the police, fight them, be defiant, etc. and be sent to prison for who knows how long and let his family starve, but the right thing to do was to be a timid dolt so he could provide for his family.

I don't provide for my family my playing on a video game server, but it does help to relieve stress I incur throughout the day, and a lot of other games just aren't as fun. So I will say whatever I have to in order to be unbanned from my favorite game, yes, and I am no less a man for it. It's easy to be defiant and swear at people for what you feel like is an injustice, but it's hard to be humble and act like "a timid dolt".

It's Rayne's server after all, and it really is a privilege to play on his server, not a right.

EDIT: I'm stuck watching Dragon Ball GT now. =(

9. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

Fair enough. I apologize for insulting you and being moralistic about my own defiant approach. I should not have gone so low as to level you with the hypocrites.

No, not logically. I don't have to like people to play public multiplayer games online. I am completely oblivious to the lives of these people as they are to mine. Being jokey and convivial with others does not mean I am here to become familiar with people. And it's not as if the two-bit shock value of puerile racism and inconsiderateness overwhelms my sensibilities. Punks were patching swastikas onto their clothes to shock and frighten others nearly half a century ago. Now adolescents on the internet draw Nazi imagery and other banal items of shock and transgression because they're too stupid to do anything else.

The point of my comment was very simple: I was calling bonesauce a hypocrite and implicating other mods in his hypocrisy. Presumably this would have a degree of importance as the server is mostly moderated by a group of people (CUBE) who regard themselves as being "semi-professional" players of this game.

Public regulation of online interaction did not figure into it at all and I am not here to have a debate. This is my last comment on the matter.

10. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

yes, I like!

11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

lol, seriously dude? I'm a hypocrite? It's one thing to bring up some ridiculous jokes like he did, it's another entirely when it's spammed 5+ times in the span of five minutes. They were completely out of the blue, had nothing to do with anything, and were thrown out there as bait for attention.

You see, you don't seem to understand just how jaded and uncaring we have become over the last year. I have heard every shitty joke, every terrible excuse, every smarmy interjection that I don't care anymore. I really don't. If you're doing something over and over and it's consistently annoying someone, then you're gone. Plain and simple.

Also, it's pretty bad when you're taking a swastika and teaming it with Nazi imagery instead of what it was originally known for. Douche.

12. Thank God someone gave me a picture for this opportunity:
    [​IMG]

Bazinga, punk!

13. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

This thread is so fun to watch.

14. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I'm going to use this whenever knights/archers are bitching about builders :3

15. miketh2005

miketh2005 Arsonist

I agree that it was for attention. Humans are naturally attention-seekers, and everyone, even you, are like that. :oops: I wasn't aware that seeking attention was against the rules. Please link me to where that is posted :(.

Your math is off. I said it aprox. 3 times in 3 minutes, aprox. 1 per minute. The 4th and final one (not a 5th) was 2 minutes after. You really consider that spamming? I don't understand why you are grasping for every little thing to keep me banned. I don't grief, I play fair, I'm active in the server playing almost everyday. I've already expressed my love for it. I already agreed it was a ridiculous joke. And this is literally the first time I've ever gotten in trouble on the server. (the other times were bugs) I'm a cool guy, so I truly don't understand the animosity? :(

Since it's the holidays, how about some good cheer and forgiveness? ;)

Just so we aren't confused. I never said you were a hypocrite, but I guess you were talking to the other guy.

16. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Dis so interesting...
    (btw Admins are Admins, they has Ban hammer, and their word is law on this server :D)

17. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

I approve of arcanecat's logic

18. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

I dissaprove of Alpacas unlogical statement

19. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

20. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

so i'll never do this again ( i will still)
    if i grab flag from above the building will i get banned?

:blank::sword:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::blue::castle_wall:
    ||||||||

:sword::D:blue:
    faulty thing there
    i disapprove of this message

Boxpipe likes this.
Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.