1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is this shut down???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Third3ye, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Third3ye

Third3ye Shark Slayer

Every time I try to log in the game crashes.....

franek123 and mcrifel like this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There's 55 servers and 60 players right now, so I don't think this is affecting everyone?
    [​IMG]
    can you give (much) more information please?
    OS, version, if you're running through steam or not, if you've got anything funny with your setup, how long this has been going on, etc.

If you'd like direct support the email for it is support@thd.vg, @Furai is really good at helping people with the most common issues getting the game running, though we often can't help with particularly exotic linux installations for example.

an_obamanation likes this.
  3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

*cough* classic *cough*

4. Third3ye

Third3ye Shark Slayer

[01:05:33]
    [01:05:33] *** RCON password is not set, you won't be able to remotely administrate the server
    [01:05:33] ********* WARNING *********
    [01:05:33] sv_allow_globals_mods is set to 1. This means GLOBAL GUARDS AND ADMINS can administer your server and kick players to help prevent griefing. If you do not accept this, please turn this variable to 0.
    [01:05:33] Server variables can be changed in Base/Scripts/dedicated_autoconfig.gm (by default)

Does that ^

Or this V

Downloading http://www.rssitfor.me/getrss?name=kag_news...
    Resizing window (530 350)

CURL Error: HTTP response code said error

Downloading checksums from http://update.kag2d.com/0/win32-client-release/App/version.txt

Mean anything? Idk when this started.... I've been having problems with classic awhile back where I had to uninstall and reinstall the game frequently to play it... Now that I tried my usual trick and it's not working I'm just assuming it was shut down for lack of players?

It also says and has been saying for some time "Error: Could not read the news today..." on the startup program before hitting play.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 24, 2017 ---
    I would just play the release but you know... I believe classic to be the better game. I've been meaning to advertise for it to gather more people to it. I mean its a free 50mb game that is literally too much fun and can run on almost any relic of a computer.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh :)

The "error could not read the news" is just because the classic launcher reads from a site that afaik doesn't exist any more. We haven't done anything to "shut it down" as it uses the same API as the release version. We haven't run game servers for it in years but I don't think there's anything that should stop it working? @Furai is probably more an expert than me still, I haven't touched classic in ages.

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

The errors I see here are about news, which won't work, for the reason Geti just said. If that's Classic crashing then I haven't had to deal with it for a while. What operating system are you on? Could you package the logs folder and attach it here?

To the best of my knowledge Classic should still work.

7. lisedupuis111

lisedupuis111 Haxor

If i can answer, classic doesn't crash for everyone, well i'm on windows 10 and it doesn't.

8. Third3ye

Third3ye Shark Slayer

here?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 29, 2017 ---
    I think Classic is practically its own game compared to Gold, I prefer classic because I like the parkour and the knights feel more skill based. A good knight in classic can kill multiple knights without dying for awhile but that doesn't seem even slightly possible in Gold. Even archer's felt better. The overall simplicity was just better in my opinion. Is it not on steam? Classic? Because that might help its population and help you guys net more $$$.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2017 ---
    oh my. running as administrator worked.... lol. Well if it doesnt work again I'll let you know. Not sure why that changed it considering it worked fine and normal just last month..

Attached Files: