1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Moveable Outposts = Bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solomon-Grundy, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

Not liking the new moveable outpost feature. Leaving aside that it just seems odd to be able to move a building that is supposed to be substantial enough for human beings to spawn out of, it seems like it messes up the team more often than helps it.

There have been times when someone just up and takes an outpost and pulls it back from the front because they are "protecting it." I think if a builder has bothered to gather up already too scarce gold and make a decision about where to place an outpost, some twat/newbie/griefer shouldn't be able to take it and throw it in a hole / hand it to the other side / generally muck it up.

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Ah, but being able to move outposts is a great addition to freedom of strategy. So long as you have someone there, you can potentially save an outpost until the wave has been lifted, which allows you to reconsider where you put it or plonk it straight back down. I personally like being able to move it, even if noobs will give it to the enemy, that's a form of griefing and should be reported/marked/alert moderator.

Jackard likes this.
  3. EdgeWing

EdgeWing Shopkeep Stealer

^ I Agree with Neat , Moveable outposts are fun and at least you don't get angry about re spawning back from where ever you built the outpost. Maybe your saying get rid of the throwing option for outposts because when you throw it , it allows the players to throw the outpost onto other teams base i guess that's acceptable

4. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

A "set down" option seems more appropriate.

illu and Neat like this.
  5. EdgeWing

I Agree with you on that , because it's true throw option can cause issues with outposts

6. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

Ok, I'll try to keep an open mind about it. OPs in general seem to play less of a role in the new build, which is something I'm trying to get used to. The "old" game used to be all about moving up and getting a new OP in place. This kinda changes everything. :P

7. Chiguireitor

Chiguireitor Shopkeep Stealer

Plz plz plz.... if the outpost is getting moved, ppl shouldn't be spawning there!!! it's a moving enemy producing machine.... that's WAY unbalanced!!! Plz MM, take that into acount

8. EdgeWing

No it's another great idea and it's important really but maybe MM should take it into account , you should make a poll about it :)

9. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Apparently if someone respawns while the outpost is in another block (stone, bedrock etc), it destroys the block and damages the outpost. Bug report I guess?

10. EdgeWing

Yes another bug report to be added , That happens so many times maybe it's to make it realistic.

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You do realise MM doesn't read the forums often, I do, right?

We're likely not to remove this for all the reasons Neat stated. Report idiots who toss the outpost forward and we'll ban them.

@saniblues: that's to prevent people getting stuck in blocks.

12. EdgeWing

Thank-You again Geti , For telling him i agree with you , Is it possible to email a Moderator or Owner? Or Admin.

13. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

I know that, but it damages the outpost. Destroying the surrounding blocks isn't a problem, though it did lead to someone's unfortunate physics-based death while I was carrying the outpost closer to the battle. Such is life in KAG.

14. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Btw: There already is a sprite for the "packed" state of an outpost, same for catapults. (Not yet used by the game though.)
    outpost1.png catapult.png

Noburu, Chrispin and Worm like this.
  15. Chiguireitor

Chiguireitor Shopkeep Stealer

Lol... i'm pretty new here :D

Off topic: Btw... i found this game without actively seraching for it (don't remember how) and after a few days of playing it i realized that MM made Soldat! ooh my, i really enjoyed that game

Noburu and illu like this.
  16. Bahnd

Bahnd Shipwright

just adding my 2 cents here. I don't view the movable outposts as over powered, both teams can do it. but i think it removes a bit of strategy from the game, originally the outposts were set up at well established bases, and on larger games they were set up at multiple points. now that they are movable objects every team has one outpost that are just moved when they are under attack. I think that building an outpost should have a significant strategic advantage and a poorly placed one can be captured easily, instead of being moved away. not saying it was a bad change, but i think that an outpost had most significance in the past version.

17. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Just tell them to throw it upwards. Same thing for catapults.

We hardly need more menu options, more hotkeys.

18. SinZero

SinZero Haxor

A set down option - Agreed
    Im having hard time carrying it, Everytime i throw it, It ends up in the wrong place XD
    The set down seems better

19. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Learn to throw better. It's already possible to set them down.

20. SinZero

SinZero Haxor

Already am learning from the pro's XD :p