1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New build discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MM, Jul 8, 2011.

1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

1. Does the smooth shader work for anyone?
    2. Who else doesn't it work for?

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Smooth shader flipped it for me too.

3. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

well it does work, but only when you joined a server already.

4. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

I messed up my dedicated_autoconfig.gm yesterday, i managed to fix it but now the rcon password isn't working, i'm failing the authentication even typing the right password. Already tried to change the password and i restarted the server 3-4 times... Any idea? O.o

5. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Collapse immunity around OPs is easily exploited and is being exploited already.
    I think it needs to be taken out - careful usage makes invulnerable walls/bridges.

6. Danikah

Danikah Guest

Where did my illustrated thread about a bug in the newest build go?
    At least, inform me somehow if you randomly delete my thread.

7. Shadlington

It was deleted and emailed to MM. Don't post exploits publicly, just email them to MM.

I apologise for being heavy-handed. I am short of time today and trying to deal with issues as fast as possible.

8. Danikah

Danikah Guest

Okay, then.

9. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

MM, as Shad suggested in IRC, can the outpost collapse prevention be optional? I think griefing got so marginal, it's not really needed.. It takes away more than it gives.

10. Shadlington

I can't even get it work consistently. I've been trying to test it but it doesn't seem to be working when I try...

However, another alternative to removing it is to make it respect the team of the person destroying the blocks.
    i.e. Prevent blues from collapsing near blue spawns but allow reds to collapse near them. That way nothing is made invulnerable.

11. Darklight

Darklight Guest

It still turns everything upside down here.

12. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Smooth shader does the same thing for me, if more confirmation is still needed.

13. Quimbo

Quimbo Guest

Are skybridges intentionally or what? They HAVE to go. Every single game is decided by skybridges. Fall damage CAN NOT counter this because you can just build down enough so your teammates don't get damage.

The game gets worse and worse with every single patch, good that I waited to pay for gold :rollseyes:

14. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Nah, ladder skybridges are great actually. Easily countered (YES) but provide the 3rd (aerial, besides surface and underground) route to the flag which reduces bad (=boring) stalemates. I've played through a few builds and I find this one definitely the most fun. Even though I had a hard time switching, after getting used to the previous one. Some people seem to just hate any changes..

15. Quimbo

Quimbo Guest

Fall damage was supposed to counter sky bridges. It doesn't. Period.
    All it does is to make griefing easier, as I see a lot of griefers building high stuff or digging deep holes.
    But as usual, the devs don't see griefing as a problem. I wonder whether they play their game?

16. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Do YOU play it? ;) When compared to build 90, griefing became a very minor problem, thanks to the community and the introduction of global mods (yeah, that's devs work).
    And did you see skybridges in build 90 and earlier? Para-knights just droping on you from the map's 'roof'. They didn't even get stunned, just slashed right away. Right now it's just a matter of picking them off with arrows (fully charged one makes even shielding knights fall off) or one catapult shot. With decent archers it's impossible to ladder down. I've been literally farming frags on skybridges. Yeah, definitely OP.

17. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I know what Quimbo is saying, and he's right. You can't go a single game without seeing a skybridge now. There is no alternative tactic to win, it's simply OP, and pretty redundant seeing them. Also, no, they aren't easily countered. Sometimes they are so high you have to build a big ass tower just to fire a single stone at them, and when they have the skybridge their archers prevent you from building anything at all with their constant rain of arrows. The lower ones you might be able to knock out, but again, they just attack you with arrows from further away.

18. Quimbo

Quimbo Guest

That's not true, griefing just became different and how it was before votekicking was made the tool of choice.
    And now it's even harder to kick the griefers, a tab-vote is almost never successful.

If your builders aren't dumb they can build it so that it's almost like that...

It's very, very easy to ladder down when your builders don't care about their k/d and you have 2-3 of these. They can even place a single tile while falling if timed right.
    Also with enough time (i.e. you are on the dominating team), you can build a path diagonally down, starting from a safe distance.

Guess that's the reason you want them...

19. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

Infinite stone
    [​IMG]

Infinite wood
    [​IMG]

20. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Yes, exactly. Because that means they're not OP. Nice of you to admit it?

Either we're playing a different game, or you guys are just plain wrong.. Next time I see a skybridge I'll record a nice vid for you.