1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Server Providers

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Ghozt, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Now me and a guy in my clan (CoD) want to run a dedicated Australian server. Both of us are inexperienced at running a server, making a server and most importantly who do we use as a provider. I was hoping some people have had some expierence with Australian hosts.

Also, tips for running a server would be appreciated and do we have to run the server with Linux?

2. CoD

CoD Haxor

I know a bit, having tried my heart out a few months ago only to realisey router wouldn't accept port-forwarding.
    An after that I looked around on every server hosting service in Australia, yet none supported KAG.
    All help would be appreciated.

short_round and Ghozt like this.
  3. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Herpy Derp. No one in the world except for Flabs servers host specifically for kag, it wouldn't be good business. From wht ibknow you run the server using the dedicated server plans.

Arcite likes this.
  4. CoD

CoD Haxor

But what I meant is I looked at a list of all Aussie server providers and none of them hosted KAG. Only TF2 and so on.

short_round likes this.
  5. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

No one specifically hosts for KAG is Aus.

Arcite likes this.
  6. CoD

CoD Haxor

I don't mean specifically I mean they host multiple games like TF2, Call of Duty, Terraria, Minecraft and so on.
    But they don't host KAG.

short_round likes this.
  7. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

If you get what I'm saying, you don't host for KAG but you configure a server for KAG.

Arcite likes this.
  8. CoD

CoD Haxor

Yeah, that's basically what I'm trying to say. I just...can't.

short_round and Ghozt like this.
  9. Creille

Creille Base Burner

You Could ask Lava and fox (you probably have already).

Lol off topic but I like how this thread was created asking about it and just became the 2 people asking it debating it :P

Ghozt and Froghead48 like this.
  10. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Just as a heads up 10 dollars in Aus will get you ~20 slots, apparently.
    But yeah, Fox and Lava are the guys to go to :)

11. CoD

CoD Haxor

CLOUDCUBE is $2 a slot.

short_round likes this.
  12. Antman

Antman Base Burner

AOE's Bar Brawl server could hold 12 (or more?) players, and it had only 128mb of RAM.
    You can get 200mb of RAM for $10 in Australia, so that is atleast 20 players for just $10.

And yes, I know it's not all about RAM, but I know that the server would have it's other specs around the same level as RAM, and it is still $10 for all of it.

frink likes this.
  13. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Go with cloudcube: they are eminently better that some server providers. I went with them for a minecraft server and it was much faster the on my desktop. (I stopped because I didn't have any money left). They are hosted in sydney, and if you contacted them maybe they could make a KAG server for you.

14. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Dedicated servers are far too much for what KAG needs, a VPS is a much better option because it's alot cheaper.. But yeah that's the right idea.
    I don't really know how to even use a VPS, when I found out I'll probably get one.

frink likes this.
  15. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

It's relatively easy once you know how. We just can't buy the server because CoD has a mySQL error when he purchases it. Other wise we would probably have an AIM server.