1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why don't normal KAG members get to have their own head?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DragonShark, Jan 20, 2016.

1. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

about the showing other people unnecessary things, it could be made a bannable offense to make offensive heads, thus reducing the responsibility of thd as well as providing a deterrent. However, this would take valuable time from their REAL work.

2. LordPumpkin

LordPumpkin Bison Rider

because the people that own them have worked hard or donated money and they desirve it

3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

When Geti played on one of the AUS servers i asked him what is happening with custom heads on official servers. He said that he will consider it if @makmoud98 makes the website and the API for it. I asked this ages ago.
    @Geti, can you please explain the current likelihood of custom heads coming to official servers. Makmoud has created a great website with good moderating capabilities to filter out the bad heads. (http://makvps1.mooo.com/)
    Your last response was on May 13, 2016. There must be some more progress on this.
    I've been so excited for this feature - same with lots of other people. When the servers were DDoS attacked, i thought you were updating KAG servers with the custom heads but unfortunately not :QQ:. Please include custom heads on official servers... eventually!

Lava and makmoud98 like this.
  4. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

I think it's about time we get to customize our own character heads. That would be legit.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The attacks are still ongoing and there's more pressing backend issues than getting custom heads working
    Vague timeline is something like
    • Official modded server(s)
    • Admin interface improvements
    • Maybe custom heads here - maybe just on the official modded server(s) initially though.
    Mak's got the website up and running and that's great and all but unfortunately it's not something we're going to prioritise in the short term. I'd love for it to be a little more "battle tested" as well by being actively used on another server for some time. These things always have one or two hiccups in production :)

6. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Thanks for clearing things up @Geti. I now understand that there are more important things to work on at the moment rather than custom heads.
    I'm also happy that eventually it'll most likely be done, even if it takes some testing beforehand! Are you able to give an estimated date for when you think you'll get to it based on your current status?
    And once custom heads are implemented, what will happen to the people who earned their custom head through their hard work (e.g. Skinney). Will there be something else special for them? Just curious ::P:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I don't give date estimates generally, sorry :) Nothing extra is planned for people with specific heads. We're not 100% if it'll come to all the official servers any time soon anyway, and they've generally got their "money's worth" out of the head by now anyway + have their own custom little bit of the base game.

epsilon likes this.
  8. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Meh, I like the head I use, nearly no one uses it, so it basically is mine :smug:

9. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

What head is it? I've stuck with the plague doctor head since classic and I find not many people use it.

10. Alpha-Penguin

Alpha-Penguin Bison Rider

I used to use that head in classic. Now I use the one with lots of hair that changed colour depending on the team.

11. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

> worked hard
    There were theories on how Arcrave got his head
    I created a short video, here you go (Forgot to remove the FIST! clantag, Sorreh):

epsilon likes this.
  12. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I use the 3d glasses guy, probs the same as yours xD ...but I never see you so...

13. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

Sorry for being a necromancer, but theoretically speaking, how would you get an official custom head?
    Really curious. ;~;
    (I'd actually pay $100 for my head to be touched up and officially added)

14. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Message @Geti and discuss w him since he's the head giver (wink).

Not sure if there's any open spots left but you never know.

15. Geti

No spots, sorry. No need to PM. Bug @Furai for the modded server :)

16. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Or don't bug me. That's also an option.

17. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

986905-bug.jpg

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  18. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

i think i am doing a way better job at being a necromancer than you are :P

19. Geti

How will you know they want it so badly though??

SirDangalang, 4zK and epsilon like this.
  20. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Geti understands us :heart: