1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1500] Bought bombs don't go in inventory

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ShnitzelKiller, Jun 18, 2015.

1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

This is probably a server-side bug which was introduced in build 1500 (by my observation, and I play this game a lot). Sometimes, buying bombs will place the bombs in your hands and on the floor as if your inventory were full, even when it is not. I'm not currently sure what causes it or how to reproduce it consistently yet.

I thought this bug was important to mention because I've seen a lot of new players throwing unlit bombs as a result of this glitch, not expecting to have to manually put the bombs they bought in their inventory.

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I noticed this bug while testing on sandbox, but I wasn't able to consistently reproduce it. After seeing this post, I decided to try figuring it out again, and now I think I know what causes this bug.

Normally, buying a bomb puts it in your inventory. But when your inventory is full, the bomb gets put in your hand. To reproduce the bug:
    1. Fill your inventory with 4 bombs (or with 3 logs + 1 bomb -- it doesn't matter as long as one of the items is a bomb).
    2. Light the bomb(s) and throw it
    3. Return to the workshop and attempt to buy more bombs
    4. Now the bombs don't go in your inventory
    For some reason, the code still thinks that you have a full inventory, even after you light a bomb and throw it. You can avoid the bug by "reminding" the game of your inventory's actual contents (i.e. by pressing [F]) after unloading your bombs.

Note that this applies to water bombs and all types of arrows as well.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    Vampire and SirDangalang like this.
  3. Obione5256

Obione5256 Bison Rider

This happens to all activated objects. (waterbombs, arrows, water arrows, ect).

Asu likes this.
  4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Fixed.

8x and Solaris like this.